Application Engineer/Inside Sales -Optics DIRECT HIRE
Our client is seeking a technically strong applications engineer with excellent personal interaction skills is join their Inside Sales Team for supporting OEM Sales and customers as well as working directly with international distributors and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer OEM opportunities in support of the OEM Sales team including: understanding customer applications, development and clarification of technical requirements and specifications, cost analysis, and quotation generation
- Provide technical support on all products, technology, and optical applications (especially fluorescence imaging and Raman spectroscopy)
- Engineer “semi-custom” product opportunities for end-user customers and distributors
- Gather, organize and communicate market information obtained from technical support interactions to the Marketing and Product Development teams
- Update current and develop new Inside Sales documents to maintain procedural compliance with industry standards
The Applications Engineer will accomplish these objectives by combining a thorough understanding of optical products, manufacturing processes and capabilities, and optics with an understanding of customer applications and requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent personal interaction skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to solve problems quickly and accurately
- Quick learner, especially by knowing how to ask good questions and assimilate the answers
- Capable writer with ability to organize and interpret data and present the results in a clear, concise, and complete way
- Organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced small-company environment
- Strong computer proficiency is a must with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Must have minimum 2 years experience working in an inside sales or applications roll, preferably for an optics or high tech manufacturing company
- Experience utilizing a corporate MRP system is desired
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant engineering or science field; formal optics training preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge in any or one of the following: fluorescence, microscopy, optical imaging systems, spectroscopy, lasers, and optical detectors highly desired.
Competitive pay and benefits offered at this growing fortune 150 company including company bonus.
About Innovative Recruiting Solutions, Inc:
Innovative Recruiting Solutions, launched in 2010, is one of Western and Central New York's fastest growing Technical and Professional Staffing Firms with 25 years of recruiting and placement expertise. We are in the business of assisting people find solid opportunities and assisting companies find exceptional talent. Making good matches, bringing people together, helping people advance their careers is our only business. Our core values exemplify who we are. Our relationships are built on Integrity, Honesty and Trust. For us, it's all about building those relationships and creating value, value to our clients, value to our employees and value to our community. We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
Please visit Simply Hired.com for more details and other Innovative positions. Indeed is no longer carrying ours... and many other companies job postings so please check out Simply hired for a more thorough listing of jobs in the area.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate
individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.