Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago.
“We offer a career not just a job! We work as a team! IMS provides training and opportunities to grow and advance.”
Remote/Telecommute Inside Sales Representative
Leverages individual and collective sales/service skills in supporting Company to achieve its revenue, market share, customer retention/penetration and profitability goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Essential functions of the job are denoted by an asterisk (*). Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location.
• Keeps abreast of product, market and competitor trends. Identifies key opportunities and potential business threats. Communicates information, as appropriate, to Inside Sales Manager, outside sales representatives, operations staff and customers.
• Partners with outside sales and supervisor to identify/ qualify prospects and retain/ penetrate existing accounts. Makes outbound calls to acquire/ follow-up on new/ additional business, or to inform customers of market conditions/ related information that can affect them.
• Responds to incoming calls in an effective, efficient and harmonious manner in collaboration with other Inside Sales staff. Provides customers with timely and accurate information related to product lines/ usages, processing capabilities and delivery service. Thoroughly educates customers on products to be purchased to minimize likelihood of returns.
• Works closely with operations staff at the various branches to help ensure that appropriate inventory levels are maintained to fulfill customer requirements in line with profitability objectives. Checks for current/ future product availability. Where not available, suggests appropriate substitutions or brokered product for requested product items.
• Plays a key role in achieving service and quality standards. Informs supervisor of any large inquiries, as appropriate, before quoting to obtain proper guidance for handling. Establishes pricing and confirms quotations in an effort to close the sale. Then reviews and confirms all sales orders with customers to ensure accuracy and reduce the likelihood of errors.
• Serves as key liaison in keeping customers informed of back orders, delays in incoming material, and any other challenges that may adversely affect service levels and customer satisfaction.
• Informs Outside Sales staff, credit department and supervisor of any significant opportunities, lost orders, relevant competitor trends, availability of material complaints, and other relevant information that could affect the company’s ability to deliver or meet its predetermined objectives.
• Works closely with managers and other staff members on ongoing improvement related to pricing, inventory management, quality and service levels.
• Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
• Executes daily functions in a manner conducive to meeting company goals and objections
Industrial Metal Supply Company (IMS) is a full line metal distributor serving Southern California and Arizona metal users in Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Inland Empire, Phoenix, and Tucson. Since 1948, the company has grown to become a respected aluminum, steel, stainless steel, copper and brass supplier by combining a wide range of products and services with customer-focused support.
Company address: Remote/telecommute
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Inside Sales Representative jobs in San Diego CA USA: