Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Amazing co-workers, great benefits, and the ability to see your talents impact the manufacturing world of tomorrow!”
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Purchasing and Inventory Specialist oversees all vendor contracts, including the ordering and negotiation those contracts. Included in this process is maintaining the organization’s inventory of project supplies and parts, ordering any necessary items, maintaining accurate records of all procurements, and the handling of any shipping and receiving of these orders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost, timeliness of delivery times, and quality of product.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability to direct purchasing programs accordingly.
· Procures and maintains project inventory records with accurate supplier and material information.
· Reviews purchase orders and supplier agreements for compliance with company and departmental policies.
· Collaborates with sales, engineering, and production facility departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
· Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
· Purchases large and complex items.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
· Receives goods and verifies the quality, accuracy, and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers.
· Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
· Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
· Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
· Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
· Prepares bills of lading, packing slips, and dray tickets for shipments.
· Procures and manages LTL and truck load shipping of incoming goods and outgoing systems.
· Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
No direct reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· At least two years of buying or purchasing experience required.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in business supply chain management, or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management is preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools, or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Industrial Automation Solutions, Inc. is an engineering company based just west of Milwaukee that focuses on helping our customers navigate, refine and deploy their automation and integration initiatives. IAS has a staff of talented engineers proficient in a comprehensive array of industry standard automation concepts, custom turnkey automation systems, robotics systems, vision systems, and custom software development. Incorporated in 1998, IAS is a diverse and experienced company that is committed to optimizing the operations of its customers, as well as providing innovative automation solutions that enable and advance their competitive edge.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Company address: 5125 S. Towne Dr.
Posted date: 5 days ago