Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Amazing co-workers, great benefits, and the ability to see your talents impact the manufacturing world of tomorrow!”
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Automation Technician repairs and maintains the computer controlled systems and robotic devices used within industrial and commercial facilities to reduce human intervention and maximize efficiency. The duties of the technician require knowledge of electronics, mechanics and computers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs robotic programming.
• Repairs, modifies, and maintains automation equipment.
• Assists with new equipment modifications and projects.
• Troubleshoots automated machinery production runs by solving technical issues.
• Trains on automation machinery and set-up.
• Performs PLC programming.
• Ensures that work instructions are up to date.
• Acts as a resource and mentor to others.
• Builds fixtures, guarding, etc., as needed.
• Follows all company safety rules, safe work practices and procedures.
• Identifies unsafe equipment and ensures that equipment operates safely prior to line start up.
• Other job duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Completion in a related field of study from an accredited two-year technical college program.
• 1 years of robotic and automation machine building experience.
• 2 years PLC experience.
• Solid mechanical problem-solving skills.
• Forklift certification.
• Knowledge of electronics, mechanics and computers.
• Strong math skills.
• Ability to work with hand tools.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
• Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
• Occasional exposure to a production environment.
• Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel is required approximately 10 – 15% of the job.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position.
Industrial Automation Solutions, Inc. is an engineering company based just west of Milwaukee that focuses on helping our customers navigate, refine and deploy their automation and integration initiatives. IAS has a staff of talented engineers proficient in a comprehensive array of industry standard automation concepts, custom turnkey automation systems, robotics systems, vision systems, and custom software development. Incorporated in 1998, IAS is a diverse and experienced company that is committed to optimizing the operations of its customers, as well as providing innovative automation solutions that enable and advance their competitive edge.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Company address: 5125 S. Towne Dr. New Berlin, WI 53515
Posted date: 6 days ago