The Indiana Veterans' Home is currently seeking a Maintenance Divsion Intern for the Summer of 2017 as part of the Governor's Summer Internship Program. This intern will assist in the identification, organizing and reading of blueprints of the Indiana Veteran’s Home. The intern also assists with all phases of special projects including: planning, writing estimates, scheduling and execution. Incumbent will assist with administrative tasks as assigned. This position reports to the Facility Operations Director.
- Identifies and organizes blueprints.
- Assist with the development of current and future projects.
- Assist with planning and cost estimates of projects.
- Organizes projects by phases for cost effectiveness and efficiency through completion.
- Assist maintenance staff.
- Submits status reports on project status and completed assignments to Operation Facility Director.
- Establishes and implements preventative maintenance (PM) programs; modifying/updating as necessary.
- Provides any other services or duties assigned by the Facility Operations Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary educational or vocational program
- Must be able to read and blueprints
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, correlate, and solve practical problems utilizing a variety of concrete variables where standardization exists and make recommendations on implementation in current programs
About Indiana Veterans' Home:
The Indiana Veterans' Home is the only veterans' home in the state of Indiana. It is located in West Lafayette on 250+ wooded acres overlooking the Wabash River. It is easily accessed from both Interstate I-65 and In SR 43.
The Indiana Veterans' Home provides a beautiful, healthy and home-like environment for veterans and their spouses to live. Residents enjoy a variety of onsite and offsite activities, excellent health care, nutritious homemade meals and a rich history that only a facility such as IVH can provide.
All Jobs at Indiana Veterans' Home
Posted 28 days ago