Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Senior Software Developer Jobs in New York, NY
We are seeking an experienced senior developer/team lead with project management skills for a large scale development/integration project. We are looking for a self-starting problem solver who will be able to manage, contribute to, and extend the existing team as needed with the goal of transitioning a high load scientific journal website to a new open-source platform while maintaining day-to-day operation of the existing infrastructure. The ideal candidate will work directly with management, existing IT support staff, and external vendors. *May work remotely if needed.
The purpose for this position is two-fold: to oversee and facilitate the implementation of a new open source journal publication platform; and to organize and maintain existing systems in good order with minimal updates.
· Work closely with the existing team and the system supplier to achieve timely implementation of the new platform
· Provide high level technological services, including coding and dev-ops work as necessary
· Actively participate in technology strategy planning by identifying crucial areas in need of improvement and securing management buy-in
· Serve as a hiring manager for new team members
· Engage and manage external vendors for web development
· Partner with production and marketing teams to identify their needs and ensure they are fully met by the new system
· Proven track record of successfully working with mixed teams comprised of staff developers, external vendor representatives and internal clients through large scale technological projects
· At least 2 years’ worth of experience in a senior developer or project manager role, or a combination of the two
· Experience working in the scientific publishing industry
· Prior experience with OJS
What we offer:
Full-time employment with per-task and hourly rates significantly above industry average.
A chance to run your own team, capitalizing both on the existing team members and an open door hiring policy
An opportunity to work in close proximity with leading scientists, including several Nobel Prize laureates, in the vibrant field of Cancer research.
A unique combination of the stability of an established business with a fast-paced achievement-oriented environment of a startup.
Virtually unlimited opportunity for growth.
This is a contract-to-hire position with opportunity for full-time employment after the initial evaluation period of 8 weeks.
*May work remotely if needed, however, must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Impact Journals publishes scholarly scientific periodicals, including Oncotarget, one of the leading journals in the field of Medical Research. We are headquartered in Orchard Park, New York and employ professionals distributed all over the United States.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Senior Software Developer jobs in New York New York:
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) in New York, NY
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Webilent Technology Inc. in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Posted 21 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Mirror Me Fashion LLC in New York, NY
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter