Sorry, this job was closed 18 days ago. See all open Production Editor Jobs in Buffalo, NY
Production Editor / Manuscript QC Specialist
Leading publisher of scientific journals is looking for an experienced production editor / quality control specialist.
Duties will include:
- Checking manuscripts after acceptance, identifying areas requiring correction, and providing instructions to compositors
- Verifying compositors' work
- Corresponding with authors to resolve difficult quality issues
- Using custom software to create XML files based on set procedures
- Carefully maintaining records of file status in company tracking system
Ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter who can pick up assigned tasks and complete them timely without the need for reminders
- Be able to meticulously observe processing deadlines and log completed work
- Be available to work at least 25 hours per week, with ample opportunities for higher workload if desired
- Own a computer with a reliable internet connection
- Be comfortable with simple operation of custom software
- Be a reliable communicator
- Be located and authorized to work in USA without sponsorship
Prior experience in a production editor, compositor, copyeditor or a similar role is required. STM publishing experience strongly preferred.
Training for custom software will be provided. Experience with eXtyles will be a significant advantage.
About Impact Journals, LLC // Oncotarget:
Impact Journals publishes scholarly scientific periodicals, including Oncotarget, one of the leading journals in the field of Medical Research. We are headquartered in Orchard Park, New York and employ professionals distributed all over the United States.
Posted 24 days ago
Browse Production Editor jobs in Buffalo, New York:
Tech Pubs Editor (5030r)
Embedded Resource Group, Inc in Buffalo, NY
Posted 3 months ago on Beyond
Nexstar Broadcasting in Buffalo, NY
Posted 1 month ago on StartWire
Assistant Marketing Manager, Customer/Shopper Job
Rich Products Corporation in Buffalo, NY
Posted 4 months ago on Beyond