“IdentiFlight protects nature in a renewable world.”
Are you an engineer with aspirations to build your commercial experience with a small high-tech multinational company where you can actually influence the trajectory of the company? Then IdentiFlight might be the career change you’re looking for.
IdentiFlight International, LLC (IDI) is a young, multi-national company providing solutions to the problem of avian collisions with wind turbines. IDI has worked over the last 6 years with its 20-year technology affiliate, Boulder Imaging, Inc. (BI), to develop advanced machine vision technology used for detecting specific species of birds at risk. To date, we’ve deployed or are committed to deploy this technology in four states and three continents.
IDI seeks a business unit manager to work with an aggressive and dynamic team by helping manage the siting, production, shipment, installation, and ongoing operation of a fleet of IdentiFlight systems. The ideal candidate is an engineer with 10 years of experience in engineering or project management who also seeks to build commercial acumen by gaining experience with deal management, contract negotiation and execution, and financial analysis. This is an exciting opportunity providing opportunities to spend some limited time in the field as well as abroad.
Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
Business Unit Manager
The business unit manager reports to the President of IDI and is involved in all stages of a project, from sales support at initial inception, through system production, to installation and operation thereafter. The business unit manager will be a key interface among the technology producer, BI, the customer, and contractors implementing various aspects of the field delivery and installation.
Typical responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee desktop Geographic Information Systems solutions of proposed IdentiFlight avian detection system networks and secure confirmation of siting choices in the field.
2. Coordinate among BI, IdentiFlight, and the customer to secure project cost and schedule commitments.
3. Secure and manage field engineering and construction contractors.
4. Manage the engineering interfaces between the customer and BI, in particular as they relate to electrical and SCADA connections.
5. Assist in preparing the project budget and preparing the scope of work during the bid/proposal effort as well as during contract negotiation.
6. Run project meetings to measure cost and schedule progress, identify and resolve issues.
7. Conduct weekly standup-meetings to keep the staff informed on the project schedule and budget and to ensure that all team members meet agreed timeliness on deliverables. For large and complex projects, oversees the project team through the weekly project (customer) call.
8. Ensure client approvals are obtained on a timely basis. Alert the President when changes in scope, lack of information, delays in project execution or decisions from the client may affect the schedule or budget.
9. Prepare and coordinate all internal and client, project, administrative and financial correspondence and manage electronic files accordingly.
10. In close collaboration with the Director of Finance, approve timesheets, subcontractor invoices and vendor expenses charged to projects to ensure that time and expenses have been recorded accurately before processing.
11. Track project progress compared with budget. Identify potential cost overruns immediately and participate in planning sessions to review contingency plans to bring costs in line with profit objectives.
12. Negotiate shipments to locations domestic and abroad.
13. Secure project completion certificates, including managing resolution of punch list items of BI as well as field construction contractors.
14. Archive all documents for storage to include project files, copies of project accounting data, and any other pertinent project information to be retained.
15. Represent the firm internally, to clients and the public in a positive and professional manner.
16. Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship ("client-based marketing") with the client to identify opportunities for additional services as well as future work. The PM has a critical responsibility, working in conjunction with the President, to focus on the development and retention of long-term client relationships.
Additional Skills Summary
· Team building
· Motivating people and building commitment in a matrix environment
· Delegating effectively
· Work with different personalities and styles and ability to size up skills and performance
· Ability to communicate clearly to staff, vendors, and clients
· Good listening skills
· Good writing skills
· Make effective presentations
· Facilitate meetings
· Plan and organize projects, meetings and own time
· Ability to schedule in advance
· Ability to estimate time needed for activities
· Take responsibility for own actions and assign staff
· Act promptly and decisively
· Ask for help when needed
· Understand client position and objectives
· Good client rapport
· Immediate attention to problems
Technical and Practical Skills
· Engineering expertise from electrical, mechanical, or civil
· Budgets, tracking and monitoring budgets, estimates-to-complete
· Ability to work under pressure in a small team environment
· Office Software applications
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required
· Masters in Business Administration desirable
Competitive salary, DOE
· Major medical PPO insurance
· 401(k) matching plan
· FSA program
· Life Insurance and dental/vision options
· PTO, personal business days and seven holidays per year
The IdentiFlight Aerial Detection System blends artificial intelligence with the high-precision optical technology to detect eagles. In an operating windfarm, IdentiFlight contributes to eagle conservation by helping protect them from collisions with rotating wind turbine blades. In wind project development, IdentiFlight helps in permitting sites by accurately quantifying eagle activity at prospective sites. Automatic detection and species determination occur within seconds for birds flying within a one kilometer hemisphere around an IdentiFlight tower. The IdentiFlight system has completed real-world testing and validation in pilot programs at U.S. wind farms with elevated eagle activity and is now being deployed in projects across the U.S. and the world. To learn more about IdentiFlight, please visit www.IdentiFlight.com.
Company address: 1500 Cherry St Louisville CO 80027
Posted date: 4 days ago