Our client is looking for a data scientist to work on a large scale, data intensive, cloud-based application that brings to market a fundamentally new approach to information security.
You are part of the Engineering team reporting to the Vice President. You will mine gigabytes of security data and write analytical software to automatically build optimal risk measurement algorithms. The right person for this role will enjoy diving into messy data, cleaning it up, finding powerful insights, presenting them in a compelling way, and writing robust code to automate this process.
- Dive into data, clean it up, and pull out insights that can be used to improve system performance
- Develop algorithms to improve their risk metrics platform
- Run live experiments to prototype the improvements and prove their efficacy
- Assist the development team with implementation of successful algorithms
- Contribute to the technical vision for the company.
- Experience with TB size (or PB size) datasets
- Experience with diving into messy data, finding insights, and presenting them to people in a way it can be easily understood
- Experience with information security a big plus
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures for optimization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with software development in Java and/or Python
- Experience with analysis tools such as R, Matlab, Weka, or similar
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- Experience with cloud platforms is desirable (AWS and/or AppEngine)
Masters or PhD in Machine Learning , Operations Research, Applied Math, Statistics, or similar field.
Please send resumes to Mike@iconstaff.com
Iconstaff is a search firm specializing in online marketing, analytics, media, product, b2b and b2c sales, software engineering, systems engineering, web development, account, program and project leadership for online web, digital, commerce, robotics, software, hardware and green industry segments.
Posted 2 years ago