Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Awesome people, great job satisfaction.”
Iconic Power Systems takes pride in consistently delivering high-quality products and services. We believe that safety, quality, skilled people and experience allow us to deliver truly lasting value to our client’s projects outcomes.. If you are motivated by innovation, growth, teamwork and complete client satisfaction, we have a career for you.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including health and RRSP benefits.
We are currently looking for Shallow Utility Labourers. There is an emphasis on work inside the City of Calgary, however out of town work may be required. We work across Western Canada.
Reporting to the Civil Lead Hand, the Shallow Utility Labourer is responsible for the effective placement of electrical distribution components. This includes DBII Conduit, Precast Concrete Structures and excavation. The Shallow Utility Labourer will work as a team member on a crew of 2-10 workers. This crew includes equipment operators, other Labourers, Client personnel and Sub Contractors. The Labourer is accountable for their crew, the client and the general public at all times. This includes effective execution and safe operations. Professional demeanor will be an asset in performance of the project in all aspects including safety, material staging and execution for the job. This team will work closely with the Construction Services Supervisor and their Manager to meet the client inspection representatives’ requirements. The Shallow Utility Labourer works on site daily and in various weather conditions and will work on the tools and in the trench as required. This is a physically demanding job that requires frequent moving, lifting to 50 lbs., Good range of motion and working in confined spaces.
· High School Diploma
· 3+ years in an underground distribution construction role.
· Knowledge of specifications and practices for underground shallow utilities construction will be an asset.
· Able to understand workplace-based problems and analyze them to develop appropriate solutions. You demonstrate superior judgement in all areas of client interaction and finding solutions.
· This role involves mobile equipment, public interaction and tight spaces, operational awareness and focus are assets.
· Knowledge and safe use of hand tools, heavy equipment and safe excavation are a must.
· You must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation. You will start your shift on a work site every day.
· Driving company trucks with trailers as required. Operating Company Owned equipment as required.
· Qualified candidates will know how to read and understand measurements and survey markers on site.
· Safety - We go home safe every night.
· Integrity - Around here our word means something.
· Quality - Our quality stands on its own.
· Accountability- We provide solutions, not problems.
· Teamwork - Great people working together.
· Approachable by all levels.
· Not afraid to approach difficult situations and dig in to find a solution.
· Self-motivated to make improvements and get tasks done on time – you want to see others in the company get the information they need at the right time.
· Ground Disturbance Certification, Leadership for Safety Excellence and CSTS are beneficial for this competition.
· Must speak, read and write English expertly.
· Layout and planning of excavation work.
· Listen and follow the instructions of the Civil Lead Hand and Equipment Operator on site.
· Efficient work planning to minimize time on site and produce a top tier, quality product.
· Built a high-quality product that is within tolerances and reflects professionalism and a workmanlike result.
· Understand existing buried facilities and safe excavation practices, Alberta One-Call, confined spaces and basic rigging requirements.
· Install pre-cast concrete structures, duct bank, DBII conduit, pull boxes, direct buried cable, Directional Bore for road crossings, hydro vac and install gas line and streetlighting as required.
· Trench, sand pad and backfill shallow utilities.
· This contract is performed around Calgary. Work out of town as required.
· This job can lead to Apprenticeship and advancement in the industry.
Iconic Power Systems takes pride in consistently delivering high-quality products and services. We believe that safety, quality, skilled people and experience allow us to deliver truly lasting value to our client’s projects outcomes.
If you are motivated by innovation, growth, teamwork and complete client satisfaction, we have a career for you.
Company address: 11090 48 St SE, Calgary, T2C 3E1
Posted date: 5 days ago