imATHLETE is a rapidly growing company and we're looking for a smart, self-driven, experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team and help drive our growth.JOB REQUIREMENTS
The following skills are required:
- 3+ years administering SQL Server 2005.
- 3+ years designing and developing OLTP systems in SQL Server 2005.
- 3+ years developing stored procedures and functions in T-SQL.
- 3+ years designing tables, indices, constraints, etc. for mixed OLTP/OLAP environments.
- Ability to design and implement high availability SQL Server environments.
- Ability to design and develop a geologically dispersed SQL Server 2005/2008 environment
- Solid grasp of multi-tiered Web apps and SaaS.
- Highly responsible, extremely reliable, very personable, quick to respond
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly from mistakes
- Eagerness and excitement to participate
The following experience is not required but elicits bonus points:
SQL SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/DEVELOPER DETAILS
- Experience with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with SQL Azure or using SQL Server 2005 or better in a cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Reporting Services.
- Experience using source control tools, specifically Subversion.
- Experience using Red Gate tools.
- Previous participation in running, triathlon, cycling and/or swimming events.
- Knowledgeable of all major participatory sports websites.
The SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer position is a paid position. Benefits include health/medical and equity involvement, not to mention wonderful team members in a nice office - and the ability to be part of a rapidly growing organization.
Tasks will include:
- Database Administration
- Manage existing SQL Server 2005 infrastructure.
- Monitor activity and evaluate system changes to maintain efficiency/speed.
- Manage backups including evaluating integrity of recent backups.
- Improve availability and redundancy of DB systems.
- Perform maintenance, upgrades, and updates/patches to DB systems.
- Database Development
- Architect DB systems based on project and user requirements.
- Interface with Web developers to deliver solutions on time.
- Develop DB schema for projects and unit test.
- Assist Web developers with project update deployments.
- Develop solutions that are both efficient and secure
- Production Support
- Manage tech support pipeline as it relates to DB-related issues.
- Interface with internal and external clients to manage expectations and deliver solutions.
- Perform direct changes to production data safely.
- Maintain consistent timelines and delivery times for similar issues.
- Build ad-hoc reports as needed
- Research and Development
- Perform research on technologies that might be incorporated into future releases.
- Work with the head of technology to determine feasibility of new technology.
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
- Personnel must be able to work in the company’s Santa Monica office.
- Candidates must have their own means of transportation to and from the company office.
- 40+ hours per week
About I Am Athlete:
I Am Athlete (imATHLETE.com) is a revolutionary company that blends registration, fundraising and e-commerce technology with the social networking and gamefication inherent in running, triathlon, cycling, swimming and all participatory sports. The company has quickly become recognized as a leading force in the sporting world with it's industry changing registration technology, and has become one of the fastest growing companies in the market. I Am Athlete technology is transforming the relationship between event organizers and their participants.
I Am Athlete clients and partners include USA Triathlon, New York City, USA Volleyball, Blue Cross / Blue Shield, Life Time Fitness, American Trail Running Association, City of Philadelphia, Susan G. Komen and thousands of others.
We love what we do and think you'll love it too!