imATHLETE is a rapidly growing company and we're looking for a smart, self-driven, experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team and help drive our growth.JOB REQUIREMENTS
The following skills are required:
- 3+ years administering SQL Server 2005.
- 3+ years designing and developing OLTP systems in SQL Server 2005.
- 3+ years developing stored procedures and functions in T-SQL.
- 3+ years designing tables, indices, constraints, etc. for mixed OLTP/OLAP environments.
- Ability to design and implement high availability SQL Server environments.
- Ability to design and develop a geologically dispersed SQL Server 2005/2008 environment
- Solid grasp of multi-tiered Web apps and SaaS.
- Highly responsible, extremely reliable, very personable, quick to respond
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly from mistakes
- Eagerness and excitement to participate
The following experience is not required but elicits bonus points:
SQL SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/DEVELOPER DETAILS
- Experience with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with SQL Azure or using SQL Server 2005 or better in a cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Reporting Services.
- Experience using source control tools, specifically Subversion.
- Experience using Red Gate tools.
- Previous participation in running, triathlon, cycling and/or swimming events.
- Knowledgeable of all major participatory sports websites.
The SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer
position is a paid position. Benefits include health/medical and equity involvement, not to mention wonderful team members in a nice office - and the ability to be part of a rapidly growing organization.
Tasks will include:
- Database Administration
- Manage existing SQL Server 2005 infrastructure.
- Monitor activity and evaluate system changes to maintain efficiency/speed.
- Manage backups including evaluating integrity of recent backups.
- Improve availability and redundancy of DB systems.
- Perform maintenance, upgrades, and updates/patches to DB systems.
- Database Development
- Architect DB systems based on project and user requirements.
- Interface with Web developers to deliver solutions on time.
- Develop DB schema for projects and unit test.
- Assist Web developers with project update deployments.
- Develop solutions that are both efficient and secure
- Production Support
- Manage tech support pipeline as it relates to DB-related issues.
- Interface with internal and external clients to manage expectations and deliver solutions.
- Perform direct changes to production data safely.
- Maintain consistent timelines and delivery times for similar issues.
- Build ad-hoc reports as needed
- Research and Development
- Perform research on technologies that might be incorporated into future releases.
- Work with the head of technology to determine feasibility of new technology.
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
- Personnel must be able to work in the company’s Santa Monica office.
- Candidates must have their own means of transportation to and from the company office.
- 40+ hours per week
About I Am Athlete:
I Am Athlete (imATHLETE.com) is a revolutionary company that blends registration, fundraising and e-commerce technology with the social networking and gamefication inherent in running, triathlon, cycling, swimming and all participatory sports. The company has quickly become recognized as a leading force in the sporting world with it's industry changing registration technology, and has become one of the fastest growing companies in the market. I Am Athlete technology is transforming the relationship between event organizers and their participants.
I Am Athlete clients and partners include USA Triathlon, New York City, USA Volleyball, Blue Cross / Blue Shield, Life Time Fitness, American Trail Running Association, City of Philadelphia, Susan G. Komen and thousands of others.
We love what we do and think you'll love it too!
Posted 4 years ago