Pay Rate- $40-45/hour
The test engineer will be responsible for friction testing and development as related to dry and wet clutch applications. The test engineer will prepare samples for mechanical, thermal, and friction performance testing.
Test Engineer Essential Functions:
- Developing and maintaining test procedures, test fixtures and supporting equipment;
- Tracking, coordinating and leading all efforts to ensure that friction material testing and analysis requests are completed and reported in a timely fashion;
- Developing and/or updating material test equipment and processes to expand the department’s capabilities and provide growth opportunities;
- Generating and implementing complete test plans and procedures based on knowledge of the product and experience with current technology test methodologies and capabilities;
- Bonding and preparing prototype friction plates and test samples using a hot press;
- Project management experience is desired.
Test Engineer Requirements:
- BS in Engineering or related field is required. MS Degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in testing, development and/or problem solving with engineering materials, especially friction materials.
- CAD experience or ability to read technical drawings is desired.
- Programming experience with any of MSExcel Macro, MATLAB-Simulink, FAMOS, Labview are preferred.
- Experience with automotive lubricants and lubricant analysis are preferred.
6 months ago