Hudson Valley Fisheries, located in Hudson NY, was inspired by our commitment to food quality, food security and environmental stewardship. Our goal is to raise the finest tasting, most sustainable Steelhead Trout in North America while also protecting the wild populations of Steelhead and the environment.
By using a state-of-the-art land-based bio secure Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) we are pairing expert husbandry with groundbreaking technology to provide the best growing conditions for our Steelhead from egg to harvest.
Our RAS allows us to raise our fish without antibiotics, growth hormones, vaccinations or harmful chemicals while limiting detrimental impacts to the local environment or wild species.
The end result is a fish that is of the highest quality that can be delivered, year-round, into the kitchens of the most reputable Foodservice and Retails businesses within 48 hours of harvest.
Our business is expanding and so is our inside sales team. We are seeking culinary sales specialists or chefs who are seeking a career transition. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for food sales and want to be part of a growing company recognized as the leader in RAS Steelhead Trout then this is your opportunity.
We are now ready to grow our business by identifying and selling to high end foodservice and retail accounts within a 150-mile radius of our facility in Hudson, NY.
We are building a top-quality brand that must be positioned in the market the right way which means we are looking for highly talented inside sales candidates.
Some key talents you possess include:
· To have the ability to place our products as a high-end brand and to clearly differentiate between our fish and the competitions.
· You are a consultative salesperson.
· You are willing to be very well versed in RAS, our fish and the benefits associated with both. (You will receive full training)
· You are very organized, tenacious and driven.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify and sell to all qualified foodservice and retail accounts within your assigned territory.
· Have excellent phone sales skills.
· Identify product gaps and customer opportunities.
· Grow your territory, reach sales quotas. Demonstrate solid YOY growth in both number of accounts and revenue.
· Participate in new product development based on customer feedback.
· Utilize CRM database on a daily basis.
· Write Sales Orders in our software system.
· Prepare annual forecasts and update against monthly actuals.
· Maintain positive customer communication and attitude.
· Degree preferred (Business, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts)
· 5 – 7 years of chef / restaurant management and / or culinary sales experience
· PC Skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software