: Responsible for further developing Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) technology.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop cutting-edge and cost effective MOV formulations.
- Run a powder processing laboratory under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
- Supervise a lab technician.
- Operate a pilot plant sized to produce powder batches larger than laboratory sizes.
- Perform powder process development using: mixed oxide powder processing, comminution processes, colloidal suspensions, methods to produce nano-powders, spray drying, compaction, and sintering.
- Perform material characterization using: particle size distribution, powder X-ray diffraction, surface area, zeta potential, microstructural analysis, chemical characterization, and rheological characterization of colloidal suspensions.
- Perform statistical analysis using: Excel statistical algorithm, design of experiment, and MathCAD.
- Use basic instrumental analysis techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Experience with research processes outside of the classroom.
- 1-3 years of powder process experience (preferred).
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*E-mail your resume in MS word format to LD@mau.com or apply on http://www.mau.com/ with keyword or location search. Job id 295205
About Hubbell Power Systems:
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2010 revenues of $2.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China, Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, the People's Republic of China, Mexico, South Korea, and the Middle East. Hubbell is comprised of three main divisions, Hubbell Power Systems, Hubbell Lighting Products and Hubbell Electrical Systems.
The current open position is with the Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) division. The Power Systems division manufactures a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, OEM and telecommunications products used by utilities. In addition, HPS products are used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries. Products include construction and switching products, tools, insulators, arresters, pole line hardware, cable accessories, test equipment, transformer bushings and polymer precast enclosures and equipment pads.