Sorry, this job was closed 7 months ago. See all open Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Jobs in East Lansing, MI
The CTRS I provides both residential and outpatient consumers the opportunity to acquire the necessary physical, cognitive and social skills to enable them to pursue a meaningful and satisfying leisure lifestyle post injury through recreational activity.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education required: BA/BS degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
2. Certification through NCTRC, or for a new graduate, eligible to take the NCTRC certification exam within one year of hire date.
3. Demonstrates ability to communicate in both verbal and written formats to meet the position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
5. Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record according to the Hope Network Rehabilitation Services Policies. Some short distance travel required.
6. Ability to load/unload consumers who use a wheelchair in and out of a van with a wheelchair lift.
7. Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
8. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Prior employment in Therapeutic Recreation or like program, which provided experience in working with consumers with disabilities, preferably TBI.
2. 3-5 years experience in working with individuals with disabilities, preferably TBI.
3. Previous experience working with a multidisciplinary team is a plus.
At Hope Network, the people we serve may share a setback, a condition, a diagnosis, or need. However, each is unique. Each is on a personal journey. We meet them on that journey. Then, we take on some of lifes toughest challenges together. We offer more than a list of services. We offer more than an expert approach. We offer the ability to overcome.
We serve 240 plus communities, with 2,800 staff members, to more than 20,000 people annually throughout Michigan.
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse Therapeutic Recreation Specialist jobs in East Lansing, MI: