Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Our Home Hardware Building Centre has a dynamic team and offers growth potential professionally and as an organization.”
Contractor Sales Associate
This specialized sales position ensures excellent service is provided to our largest clients, either over the telephone or in person, by effectively using service skills, by suggesting the right products and services necessary to complete their projects, offering product and construction knowledge to provide personalized services to the client and complete the sale to the client's satisfaction. A passion for service and a willingness to develop product knowledge are key components of this role.
· Proven sales record;
· Minimum 3 years of work experience selling building materials and working in construction industry;
· Effective selling skills, and a commitment to providing excellent customer service;
· Self-motivated, initiate sales tasks without assignment;
· Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple contractor accounts;
· Great communication and interpersonal skills to be able to assess customer requirements and make recommendations;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Positive attitude and proven ability to work with the team in a culture of sales and service;
· Flexible availability based on store needs (includes days, evenings and weekends);
· Computer skills and researching capabilities an asset;
· Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment.
· Assists contractors with their information/product requirements in the store or over the telephone;
· Builds professional relationships with contractors;
· Provides appropriate information on suggested products and alternatives explaining features and benefits and providing application advice as required. Suggests add-ons to complete the sale;
· Processes the sale as per policy, including explaining cash or financing options for the customer, locates product on the computer;
· Coordinates deliveries in a timely, professional manner with drivers and yard staff;
· Ensures contractor area is well stocked and merchandised with current product levels and information signage;
· Monitors inventory levels, performs inventory counts, and highlights inventory concerns. Makes recommendations to resolve stock outs and/or move excess stock through the system;
· Prepares special orders, obtains the required information and specifications from contractor, contacts Special Order Purchaser to establish and confirm price and available delivery date;
· Resolves contractor complaints and objections including investigating, interpreting policy, and taking the appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction;
· Participate & organize special events for contractors;
· Be aware of current promotions and flyers;
· Performs other duties as requested by the supervisor.
This position reports to the General Manager, Operations Manager and Head of Contractor Sales.
Our Home Hardware Building Centre offers a complete range of both hardware store and building centre products. Lumber, tools, paint, plumbing and electrical supplies and an extensive selection of building materials are available, along with housewares, sporting goods, automotive items and lawn and garden supplies.
Our company is genuinely 100% Canadian owned and operated, with 100,000 different items available. Our store and and our staff have made the company one of the area's most esteemed corporate citizens; we are civic leaders who positively shape the lives of others. One tradition that says a great deal about company values is the foregoing of a Christmas gift exchange among staff, in favour of supporting local agencies that brighten the holidays for families in need. For years we have contributed to Operation Christmas Child, the local food bank, Lions Club Food Drive, Hospital Fundraisers, and more. Nationally, we support Special Olympics Canada as well as Tree Canada.
Home Hardware Building Centre strives to provide excellent customer service to all of its patrons, to establish a positive culture driven to achieve our shared goals, and be stewards for our community.
Our company offers competitive compensation packages including an optional benefits package, profit sharing, and a store discount.
**We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.**
Company address: 4840 Concession Rd 7, Alliston, ON
Posted date: 11 days ago