Dental, Vision, Medical, 401K
Hodo is seeking a Controller to oversee the accounting function for our rapidly-growing artisan food business. This is a hands-on, entrepreneurial role with strong growth potential. The Controller will be a key leader on our team and will report to the CFO. This position will be based in our offices and production facility in West Oakland.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Oversee month-end close process and prepare timely monthly financial statements.
- Assist with the selection of new ERP and lead its implementation. Provide on-going management of ERP functionality, integrity and reporting.
- Identify opportunities for procedural improvements; develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support management team in analysis of product costs and lead margin improvement initiatives.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting and financial/cost analysis as requested.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage Bookkeeping team, providing insight and training for staff.
- Fulfill other projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have a BS in Finance, Business or Accounting; Masters is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related role with a manufacturing company.
- Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- You have strong experience in ERP systems implementation and cost accounting.
- You have demonstrated leadership ability, initiative, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- You have the ability to sit, reach, walk, stand, bend and stoop.
- You have the ability to operate a keyboard and view a video display terminal screen.
About Hodo Inc.:
Hodo's premium tofu and other plant-based foods are crafted to put a modern take on tradition. More pure, plant-based protein. More intriguing, authentic foods and flavors. More clean nutrition. More delicious potential from a food you thought you knew.
Founded in 2004, Hodo is a fixture of the West Coast food scene and an expanding national brand, serving partners like Whole Foods, Costco, Chipotle and many other innovative food providers around the country.