Revell, America’s leading manufacturer of plastic hobby kits is looking for an experienced 3D CAD Designer to create component parts for our model kits. This position requires a strong background in creative design and the necessary artistic skills to develop 3D CAD files in reduced scale working from photos and measurements from actual car parts. A personal interest in performance cars (muscle cars, customs cars, and hot rods), planes or military vehicles and building plastic models of the same is highly desirable. This is a unique opportunity to work with the best model development team in the business. As a CAD Designer
Key Requirements for the position:
- Create 2D & 3D CAD parts designs to be used for the creation of pattern models or cutting part designs for the creation scale model hobby kits.
- Translate and interpret research material, outside engineering drawings and other data into detailed, dimensional tolerance parts designs.
- Organize design packages for outside vendors including drawings, photos, specifications and related information for pattern models and mold construction.
- Review test shots of parts and revise designs as necessary throughout the product development process.
- Organize and maintain engineering drawings and CAD files to assure proper recordkeeping of designs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in professional engineering parts design.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D design software applications such as KeyCreator, Autocad, Solidworks and Pro/E.
Other desired qualifications:
- Knowledge of plastics and die cast, mold construction and other manufacturing processes.
- Experience with high-tolerance parts and multiple parts assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in using digital cameras and photographic software.
- Strong conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and Internet research skills.
- In-depth experience in all facets of engineering design for dimensional tolerance and multiple parts assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Technical degree in Engineering Design or Drafting Technology.
- Experience in the toy industry and toy design
- Ability to accurately replicate real-life subject matter into scale models.
- Familiarity with hobby models.
- Interest in Performance, Muscle, Classic and Hot Rod full size automobiles.
- Interest in historical and military vehicles
Hobbico, Inc. is the largest U.S. distributor of radio-control and general hobby products--in fact, the largest model hobby company in the world and, 100% Employee-Owned.
Hobbico is engaged in the design, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of thousands of hobby products including radio-control and general hobby products. Our merchandise includes a wide variety of radio-control models from cars and boats to airplanes and helicopters. In the general hobby category, we offer plastic model kits, rockets, road race sets, die-cast models, model trains, jigsaw puzzles, science and educational kits, games, kites, craft kits and much more.
Hobbico began in 1971 with just two people and now employs over 650 in facilities that include our West Coast distribution center in Reno, Nevada, facilities in Penrose, Colorado and Elk Grove Village, Illinois and our Corporate Headquarters in Champaign, Illinois. We sell over 60,000 items through three sales divisions targeting Retail, Wholesale and Mass Market sales channels.
Posted 4 years ago