$90,000 to $130,000 Annually
Vision, 401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Last online 3 days ago
Why Work Here?
“Mid-Sized Company with great culture. In business for 40 years, family owned. Excellent reputation in industry.”
As a Lead Project Superintendent, you will be responsible for all field activities related to the physical construction during the take over the second half of a 300 unit garden style project. This position reports to, and carries out the direction of, the Project Manager with respect to field operations, and thereby directs the daily progress of the work.
The Project Superintendent position will involve:
- Manage two assistant superintendents; one finish and one punch.
- Exterior skin experience required
- Sitework experience and unit turnover management experience.
- Continually working with VP of Construction to ensure adequate staffing of the workforce and sufficient supply of materials
- Needs to be able to maintain, read and update project schedule accurately
- Heavy coordination required between multiple trades
- Maintain the project schedule and motivate the team
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage themselves without a project manager on site
- Generating, securing or otherwise confirming all information needed to manage and monitor the project
- Developing the progress schedule with the Project Manager
- Working with the Project Manager to develop and administer the site utilization program, site services, security arrangements, and other facilitates and arrangements necessary for appropriate service to the construction effort
- Managing and monitoring the required performance by all parties
- Determining whether subcontractors are providing sufficient workforce and hours of work to achieve performance commitments
- Managing and monitoring the performance of the company's Project Engineering function to ensure that all subcontracts, material purchases, submittals, deliveries, clarifications, and changes are processed in time to guarantee job-site arrival by, or before, the times needed
- Directing any company field staff
- Being thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the general contract, thereby identifying changes, conflicts, etc., that are beyond the scope of responsibility
- Preparing daily reports, narratives, and all other regular and special documentation as determined by the company and by the project needs
- Establish and maintain all jobsite notices, signs, etc.
- Be familiar with applicable local, state, and OSHA rules, regulations, and standards; be able to assist management in its interpretations and implementation. Be prepared and available to accompany any local, state, insurance, or OSHA inspectors to represent company management whenever requested to do so.
- Lead weekly jobsite Tool Box Talks and provide all employees with proper instruction on safety requirements.
- Ensure that proper safety material and protective devices are available, in correct working order, and used whenever required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred but experience is considered
- 10+ years of experience in the multifamily construction industry in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of all trades and crafts
- Must be able to deliver under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Proficiency in reading and understanding blueprints, specifications, and statements of work related to each project. Must be able to read plans and take-offs
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team
- Extreme attention to detail