Our client is an innovator on the cusp of commercializing technology that will enable widespread distribution and access to cleaner lower cost natural gas. This is a highly visible leadership role and a unique opportunity to build a team in a well-funded earlier stage company destined for rapid and immediate growth.Summary
The Manager of Field Service & Commissioning is a hands-on role responsible for ensuring quality service, proper equipment operation and safety in the field. Responsibilities
- Working in a start-up environment this role will initially have responsibility for system operation and may involve substantial hands-on work in the field together with the management of technicians, service vehicles, and spare parts warehouse. This person will also initially be the primary point of contact for emergency service and support calls.
- Personally oversees commissioning of CNG equipment after completion of site construction. This includes safety inspections, equipment start-up, metering calibration, and other tasks necessary for commissioning site for commercial service
- Support the development process of new sites by contributing knowledge about actual site conditions, experience with how real systems are used, and limitations on the equipment.
- Ensures that all personnel follow Safety, Quality, Environment and Health Policies
Education / Experience
- Oversees equipment preventive maintenance (PM)
- Trains maintenance crew
- Manages team of technicians to accomplish PM tasks
- Maintains database of all equipment and sub-components
- Maintains spare part inventory
- Schedules PM and interacts with customers
- Organizes and presents clear and complete documentation necessary to obtain rapid permitting and certifications
- Minimizing equipment down-time and unplanned shut downs through effective PM
- Develops PM processes with the goal of minimizing repair time
- Assuring availability of spare parts and systems while not carrying unnecessary spare part inventory
- Handles troubleshooting and emergency repair situations and then evaluates and documents such unexpected failures in the field
- Compiles service uptime statistics and makes recommendations for improvements
- Performs hazard analysis and generates best practices for risk control
- Observes equipment usage modes in the field and makes recommendations to engineering for design or procedure modifications that will increase reliability and/or reduce costs
- Interacts closely with customers to evaluate level of satisfaction and make recommendations for service improvements
- Implements continuous improvement efforts
- Documents best practices that will then be implemented in other regions as the service is rolled out more broadly
- BS in engineering strongly preferred
- 15+ years of progressively responsible field experience with variety of assignments within the natural gas, compressed gas or chemical process industry
- Proven field service team management experience
- Experience in one or more of the following industries is highly desirable: Natural gas utilities, engineering firms specializing in natural gas, Propane, LNG, or other Fuel gas handling, HVAC engineering, civil engineering, air compression, chemicals processing, etc.
- Ability to construct and manage teams of field service personnel of 10 people or more
- Appropriate candidates will be experienced at managing teams, organizing projects, planning and executing tasks independently.
- Ability to manage operations on a 24/7/365 basis
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of customers related to natural gas handling equipment
- Must be a personable individual comfortable with working with indivdiuals at each organizatoinal level ranging from trades personnel to executive office.
- Deep knowledge of natural gas or comparable industrial processes and subsystems
- Decisive, confident, strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
- This person must be a self-starter with a strong hands-on capability and the willingness to take on many roles