Job Title: Database Administrator
Type: Perm or Contract to Perm
Location: San Diego, CA
The Database Administrator (DBA) is a key technologist with significant technical expertise. in designing, building, tuning, installing, configuring and troubleshooting the Oracle Database and Middleware technology stack.
This position will be the primary resource for all Oracle Application Technologies. In this role, they will be responsible for researching, evaluating, architecting, planning, building, testing, troubleshooting and supporting the Banner and e-Business Suite of products as well as the Oracle technologies such as the Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Workflow, BEPL process manager, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Advanced Security, WebLogic and other ancillary products such as Kronos, Advance Web and Kbace.
A key responsibility for this position is to monitor and ensure high availability of this environment and quickly respond to and diagnose problem areas and provide solutions and workarounds. Utilizing and leveraging new features of the underlying Oracle technologies and working closely with the Manager for Database and Middleware Technologies, this individual will provide End-to-End monitoring of the Complete Applications Infrastructure, capacity planning and backup and recovery for this environment to ensure high performance, high availability and high scalability for this environment.
Another area of responsibility for this position will be to provide a leadership role in creating awareness and guidance for the application development teams to leverage the SOA, Web Services and BEPL technologies to implement best of breed, open source integrated applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficient Management of the Enterprise Database and Application Environment
I- mplementation and Management of Middleware Technologies (SOA, BEPL, Web Services)
- Standardization of all Oracle Security and Segregation of Duties
- Performance , Availability and Scalability of Oracle Enterprise Applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field and at least 6 years of increasing responsibilities in computer application system development or administration.
- 6+ years of increasing responsibilities in Oracle Application Development and Database Administration.
- 3+ years of proven independent support in a complex Oracle database environment.
- 1+ years Designing, building, tuning, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- 1+ years experience implementing SOA best practices
- Strong understanding of all aspects of WebLogic Suite or Oracle SOA Suite
- Experience supporting Java applications
- Some experience with Fusion Middleware with Oracle RAC setup
- Knowledge of BPEL Integration setups.
- Experience with server administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Relational database concepts, Database Modeling and Design and Database Creation and refresh.
- Experience in programming languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts and good understanding of Concurrent Manager.
- Knowledge of Unix commands and understanding of AIX and Redhat Linux Operating Systems.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills for critical database, application, networking and system administration issues (workflow, concurrent Manager)
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively and work effectively under pressure and with a high degree of independence. Effective in meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence concepts and technologies
- Ability to fully document technical specifications and related project or systems-level documentation
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to troubleshoot issues, develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues
- Ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities with deadlines
- Relational Database theory.
- A good working knowledge of Oracle OID server.
- Oracle Identity Management experience.
- Expertise in Kronos, WindStar, Noetix
- Knowledge of Java, XML, XSL
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject "Job ID # 1765".