Senior Process Engineer, Plastics
Manufacturing & Production
Engineering - Chemical
United States - Colorado - Boulder/Fort Collins - Fort Collins/Greeley metro
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Detailed Bounty Description
Do you have a strong background in chemical engineering? If so, Process Engineer position may be for you.
We have a need for an experienced Process Engineer who will be responsible for understanding the company's Colorado polyester film making process and the needs of its customers.
1. Develop understanding of the needs of the customers, translate them into product specifications and define set-points and limits for process conditions needed to meet those specifications;
2. Define adequate control strategy for critical process parameters;
3. Establish adequate testing plans to guarantee expected levels of product quality;
4. Assist in the introduction of new products to the production line and making those products manufacturable;
5. Develop in-depth process understanding, performing process characterizations through statistical methods and modeling;
6. Regularly monitor process variables to maximize product conformance, minimize waste and maximize machine availability;
7. Troubleshoot production problems affecting quality, waste or machine availability and implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
8. Constantly seek reductions in process variability as a way to maximize process performance (reduce waste, increase machine availability, increase conforming roll performance, reduce department expenses);
9. Propose and lead improvement projects, assessing the risk associated with the associated process and equipment changes;
10. Pareto process problems to prioritize corrective actions and improvement projects;
11. Lead accreditation of process and equipment changes to assure product quality, often involving internal and external customers;
12. Support operations:
a. Maintain operational documentation of process parameters and set-points;
b. Create and maintain corrective action guidelines;
c. Provide training to increase overall knowledge about the process;
d. Identify opportunities to simplify operational procedures (through poke yoke and automation for example) and therefore reduce variability in the outcomes of the operational interventions;
e. Suggest procedure changes to improve safety, process performance and product conformance.
13. Provide technical support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation. Provide off-hour support on an as needed basis.
1. Minimum education level: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Science.
2. 15-20 years of experience in plastic film manufacturing industry mostly in process engineering role;
3. Capability to understand product/process/material interactions and for conveying these interactions to operations;
4. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
5. Good communication skills and capacity to prioritize.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
7.High initiative and outstanding sense of urgency, compatible with a manufacturing environment.
8. Project management.
9. Ability to coordinate startup, debug, and qualification of new process equipment.
10. Ability to work closely and collaboratively with various engineers and operators to deliver successful process improvements;
11. Working knowledge of engineering statistics.
1. Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt.
2. Experience with resin accreditation;
3. Master degree.
More About the Position
Visa Candidates Considered - No
15+ years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Applicant Tracking System Questions
The following information is necessary to successfully upload candidates into the company's Applicant Tracking System (ATS). You will be required to provide this information when submitting a candidate to this Bounty.
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Email Address
4. Street Address
8. Phone Number
About Hico Search:
Hico Search is an independent recruiting firm established in 1994. It does direct and contract type candidate placements for employers on a contingency and consignment basis. Placements are made in all the manufacturing and engineering disciplines, finance and information technology.