USPS requires an Information Technology Professional Principal resource with the following skills:
• Uitilize Boxtone MDM (mobile device management) to support and manage Sales Force mobile devices (Apple iPads). Will run activity, performance, and compliance reports on Sales Force iPads within the Boxtone MDM.
• Support the deployment of Sales Force iPads and iPad apps, iPad enrollments, troubleshooting implementation and connectivity issues, providing ongoing operational support of iPads and apps.
• Conduct weekly online sessions with Sales Force personnel to activate, enroll, and otherwise set up iPads for utilization within the Sales Force automated environment.
• Utilizing the MS Suite of products to include MS WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, Project and Visio in support of report generation, developing planning documents, and customer interface associated with the Sales Force deployment and ongoing support.
• Syncing iPads with iTunes, and supporting/assisting Sales Force customer in this process – downloading apps from the App Store and supporting/assisting Sales Force customers in this process.
• Troubleshooting VPN, WiFi and 3G communications problems as they occur during the deployment and ongoing operations of the Sales Force iPads within the network.
• Interface with suppliers (e.g. Boxtone, Tangoe, Apple, etc) as part of the daily support duties supporting the rollout and operational support of Sales Force iPads.
• Minimum one year support Apple iPads, iTunes and Apple apps.
• Experience with a Mobile Device Management system such as Boxtone, Mobileiron, Airwatch or Maas360.
The functions of this position center around the planning, research, evaluation, development, installation, testing, integration, implementation, support, and operation of the hardware, software, and communications components and facilities that comprise a large, multi-platform technology infrastructure.
This position represents the top level of a technology consulting individual based on depth and breadth of technical expertise, skill level, and responsibility. Researches, evaluates, and develops a wide variety of complex technology components and systems of both a tactical and strategic nature. Job duties are performed independently and are often self-directed. This position is responsible for providing technical leadership for the availability, performance, and functionality of key components and systems. Failure in any of these areas could result in significant business disruption and/or the inability of the business to meet its goals.
Recommendations made by persons in this position may result in expenditures accounting for hundreds of thousands of dollars. This position typically requires working overtime to meet tight deadlines, working during off-hours to avoid disruptions or to provide 24-hour coverage, and providing on-call support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct online training sessions with USPS users to instruct them on activating and enrolling their individual iPads into a USPS MDM (Mobile Device Management) system.
• Operates, maintains, and provides customer support and consultation for a wide variety of complex IOS and/or Android smart devices.
• Provides leadership in establishing operational processes for delivering world-class MDM support.
• Analyzes and develops innovative resolutions for complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the system level. Works with vendors to resolve problems. Coordinates the implementation of solutions.
• Provides technical leadership for capacity and performance analyses and develops and implements recommendations.
• Prepares materials and oral presentations for customers and management. Plays a lead role in meetings relating to technology initiatives.
• Interacts with customers and provides leadership in developing and recommending innovative solutions to business problems of high complexity, including preparation of economic models, cost-benefit analyses and project budgets for technology acquisition.
• Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Provides training to less experienced team members of the Information Systems department.
Five years of relevant and progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is preferred. This individual must have demonstrated skills in tools and techniques appropriate to the above job duties.
A working knowledge of current computer and communications technologies and disciplines, including PC operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications is required.
This position requires the following demonstrated competencies:
• Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
• A commitment to quality.