Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Project Engineer Jobs in Cherry Hill, NJ
Project Engineer II
Why work here?
“A DoD Engineering/Staffing Company with contacts throughout the United States.”
The Project Engineer is responsible for developing energy efficiency and capital improvement projects, by identifying, assessing, and structuring technical and financial solutions to meet customer objectives. With minimal supervision, this individual will identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS, building envelope and heating and cooling systems. Responsibilities include site investigations, performing energy savings calculations, developing cost estimates and written descriptions of energy conservation measures in support of Design Build, EPC proposals and technical audits. The Project Engineer will work with the Sales team in proposal development and will participate in customer meetings and presentations.
1. Assist the sales staff to screen and qualify the feasibility of energy efficiency and capital improvement opportunities. This will involve attending selected customer meetings and presentations, conducting site trips to collect facility and utility data; and developing and running energy screening models to determine the technical and economic viability of energy efficiency and capital improvement projects. Screening models include: bin analyses, hourly building simulation computer models, and commercially-available analysis packages.
2. Further develop, define and dimension technically and economically feasible applications by performing preliminary engineering/design, project metering and measurements of critical parameters; and coordinating with external vendors and contractors to develop designs and technical proposals.
3. Develop technical scope of work for selected technologies and manage internal and external engineering resources in order to determine cost and schedule.
4. Perform analyses and generate applications for utility rebates associated with energy efficiency projects.
5. Drive the technical due diligence from initial screen until turnover to the project management group for the implementation phase. This will involve identifying known risks (i.e. technical, construction, price, schedule, environmental, warranties, performance guarantees etc.); indicate impact and how they will be addressed and mitigated.
6. Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input, including detailed technical project descriptions, legal risk and responsibility definitions, financial descriptions, and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes, simulation results, and cost and savings derivations.
7. Perform technical consulting assignments as required to support specific client requests.
8. Provide assistance to Project Management Group to support implementation of projects, as required.
9. Control expenditures within the limitations of the project budget and drive the completion of development activities within project deadlines.
Undergraduate engineering (BE, BS) or construction related degree required. Advanced degree in engineering or construction management and/or PE preferred.
- 7 plus years of experience in HVAC, EMS and central plant design.
- Experience in energy analysis to identify, screen, and develop energy conservation measures for EPC and design build projects; develop EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption; develop detailed cost estimates for selected energy conservation measures; and interface with customer facility personnel.
- Able to plan and manage the development of selected project opportunities and to direct the activities of internal and external resources, to achieve deadlines.
- Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- General experience with the Federal Energy Services Performance Contracting, State and Local Performance Contracting, and/or Demand Side Management programs preferred.
- Experience implementing Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Performance Contracting projects desirable.
- Specific experience with building energy systems including HVAC, Central Utilities and Electrical Systems.
- Must have good analytical and computer skills and attention to detail.
- Strong construction related contract administration and risk management skills preferred.
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover, and subsequent operation and maintenance of energy projects.
- Strong leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills, including word processing and spreadsheet analyses.Measurement and verification skills, including installation of instrumentation for short-term data logging of power and environmental parameters.
- Building energy use modeling and simulation experience desirable (e.g. eQUEST, AG132, DOE2, Trane Trace, ASHRAE Modified Bin Analysis).
- Experience in various utility rebate programs offered for electrical and gas efficiency projects desirable.
- AutoCAD proficiency a plus.
About HEPCO, Inc.:
HEPCO is an Engineering, IT, Telecommunications and Executive staffing company that works on both contract and permanent assignments. Whether you are a talented professional who would like to explore new opportunities, or a manager in need of additional support, you can count on HEPCO to provide you with world class customer service. HEPCO is committed to building long term relationships with both our clients and the professionals we place on specific client assignments.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Project Engineer jobs in Cherry Hill, New Jersey: