A leader in the contract engineering and manufacturing industry seeks an innovative, results-oriented Engineering professional to fill the role of Director of Engineering. This role will be responsible for establishing the technology and process control road-map, driving manufacturing process excellence, process control, allocating resources of manpower and equipment, development of the engineering staff, standardization of systems and software used, and maintaining our manufacturing capabilities at world class levels and practices.
- Reviews potential projects with prospects and existing customers to evaluate compatibility of their engineering and manufacturing needs with the company's technical competency.
- Prepares estimates for new projects as well as trains and guides designated associates through their execution of the quoting process.
- Drives the technical evaluation of new projects, coordinating the appropriate talents within the company to collaborate, design and execute the plan to meet the customer's requirements, adhering to our Quality Management System.
- Drives the standardization, simplification and implementation of manufacturing process and systems such as CAD/CAM software, programming practices, cutting edge durable and consumable tooling practices.
- Works closely with Finance to evaluate all capital equipment requests to determine the ROI, negotiates the purchase price and oversees the installation activities.
- Oversees all facility management activities, including the design and layout of floor space, procurement of furniture and accessories, HVAC decisions, equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, etc. in addition to the adherence to all state and federal safety, structural and environmental regulations.