A leader in the contract engineering and manufacturing industry seeks an innovative, results-oriented Engineering professional to fill the role of Director of Engineering. This role will be responsible for establishing the technology and process control road-map, driving manufacturing process excellence, process control, allocating resources of manpower and equipment, development of the engineering staff, standardization of systems and software used, and maintaining our manufacturing capabilities at world class levels and practices.
- Reviews potential projects with prospects and existing customers to evaluate compatibility of their engineering and manufacturing needs with the company's technical competency.
- Prepares estimates for new projects as well as trains and guides designated associates through their execution of the quoting process.
- Drives the technical evaluation of new projects, coordinating the appropriate talents within the company to collaborate, design and execute the plan to meet the customer's requirements, adhering to our Quality Management System.
- Drives the standardization, simplification and implementation of manufacturing process and systems such as CAD/CAM software, programming practices, cutting edge durable and consumable tooling practices.
- Works closely with Finance to evaluate all capital equipment requests to determine the ROI, negotiates the purchase price and oversees the installation activities.
- Oversees all facility management activities, including the design and layout of floor space, procurement of furniture and accessories, HVAC decisions, equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, etc. in addition to the adherence to all state and federal safety, structural and environmental regulations.
Salary: Open for discussion
Industry: Medical Devices
Bachelors Degree in Engineering required. MBA or MS Advanced Degree preferred.
10+ years of increasing responsibility in technical management roles, including cross-functional teams, resource and budget management and strategic development experience, preferably in a regulated industry such as medical devices.
- Demonstrated expertise in cutting edge machining techniques and implementation.
- Exceptionally strong experience in metal fabrication and machining.
- Strong knowledge of machining - equipment, fixturing, CNC programs, CAD software.
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers, customer needs and multi-site dynamics to create viable strategic plans.
- Must possess strong ability to negotiate and maximize effectiveness of resources and influence others internally and externally.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt Certification a plus.
- Knowledgeable of MS Project.
Required Travel: approximately 25 %
Contact Info: Patrick Carpenter (201) 843-4400 ext. 227
About HEPCO, Inc.:
HEPCO is an Engineering, IT, Telecommunications and Executive staffing company that works on both contract and permanent assignments. Whether you are a talented professional who would like to explore new opportunities, or a manager in need of additional support, you can count on HEPCO to provide you with world class customer service. HEPCO is committed to building long term relationships with both our clients and the professionals we place on specific client assignments.
Posted 3 years ago
Science and Engineering,