The Production Chemist will implement and maintain processes related to the extraction and purification of full-spectrum hemp oil. You will be the leader, mentor/trainer and maintain quality control (QC) standards for the production team’s activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To work closely with management team to continually optimize SOP and workflow processes.
· To work closely with the management team to write SOP’s for new equipment and processes that are added to the production flow.
· To be a leader in creating a culture that promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
· Oversee and execute production runs through our various production lines (i.e. extraction, purification and supporting systems/processes).
· Adhere to and create standardized processes as the company grows.
· Maintain a stringent QC as it relates to data capture, data analysis and the scientific process.
· Maintaining training records and train new personnel on necessary procedures.
· Work with extraction, processing and analytic equipment.
· Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
· Maintain equipment troubleshooting, upkeep and contribute to planning for future equipment as we expand.
· Preserve workplace safety, know safe materials handling as appropriate for hazardous materials.
· Assist in investigation and disposition decision of non-conforming product and returns.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in any quantitative science
5+ years professional experience in production labs.
Botanical extraction, organic chemistry, or comparable experience a big plus.
Advanced bench lab-work skills, process manufacturing, and a fluent understanding of chemical/biological testing equipment and processes required.
Demonstrate experience and strong skills in customer-centric interaction with a broad range of worker skill sets (blue collar, white collar, white coats)
Ability to work in a cooperative, cross-department environment
Excellent communication skills and team skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
Experience with lab testing equipment including HPLC, GCMS, LCMS and related software is a big plus.
Cannabis, hemp or other biological processes is a big plus.
The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
About HempStaff, LLC:
HempStaff is the industry leader in hemp and cannabis industry recruiting and dispensary training. We are your hemp and cannabis industry headhunters, as we specialize in finding management level employees, such as Master Growers, Extractors or Dispensary Managers, even if we have to relocate them from a different state. We are also there for the inexperienced candidate, with dispensary agent training and certification, that can help them find medical marijuana jobs. For more info check out our website www.hempstaff.com and our job board www.cannabisemployment.com