Client is looking for a Software Manager to lead the Ultrasonic software development group. Responsibilities include managing the software development for ultrasonic flow meter products. This currently includes:
- Embedded firmware on PowerPC platform using Linux OS
- Embedded DSP design on Analog Device Platform
- HART 7 firmware and DD Development
- Windows Visual C++ for PC Configuration Software (MeterLink)
- Managing projects using MS Project Enterprise Server
- All sustaining activities for these development projects
A primary responsibility of the manager is to drive best practices throughout the software development group and ensure the practices are applied effectively. This includes and is not limited to: reviewing user requirements, managing functional requirements, documenting and reviewing designs, peer code reviews, bug tracking and resolution, interfacing to the test group, work breakdown and effort estimation, and creating and maintaining project schedules.
The goals are to achieve a predictable software development process and ultimately to bring our process up to CMM Level 2 and eventually CMM Level 3.
Resources available will be software/firmware development team located in Houston, Texas as well as a development team at the Innovation Center in Pune, India.Desired Skills:
- Experience with embedded software firmware development
- Experience with embedded Linux OS systems
- Knowledge of hardware architecture
- Knowledge of and commitment to best software development practices
- Prior experience managing a software development team
- Experience with MS Project
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibits initiative and leadership to drive others to meet the schedule
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years work experience in software development
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience with another degree
- Minimum of 2 yrs of managerial experience
- Preference for oil and gas flow measurement experience
About Helffrich International:
Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of architectural lighting, shading and energy control systems for high end residential and commercial building applications. The company is mid-sized, profitable and growing quickly. They have a worldwide reputation for state of the art technology, quality and customer service and work on some of the most creative and visible projects around the world.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary history.
Posted 4 years ago