This exempt position functions with a high degree of autonomy and reports directly to the Goderich Mine Engineering Manager. The primary focus is providing general engineering support that may include capital review, design, equipment diagnostics, process trouble shooting and project management responsibility. The incumbent will work closely with other members of the Engineering Department, as well as with the Maintenance and Production Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares preliminary design and cost estimates required to analyze cost to benefit of capital expenditures and completes funding request justification accordingly.
· Develops and manages capital project engineering and construction contracts, in conjunction with sourcing and legal, as required.
· Implements construction/installation strategies for capital projects that coordinate with Mine production plan.
· Manages multiple capital projects ensuring that critical path and budget goals are met.
· Supports Engineering Manager in creating annual capital budget.
•Enforces proactive environmental, health, and safety processes in compliance with law and company policy.
•Ensures compliance with all company standards, practices, and procedures.
•Maintains a team approach to engineering solutions, by involving appropriate members of operations, engineering, lab, and ESH staff.
•Work with Operations to develop engineering solutions for production bottlenecks and problems.
•Support process engineering to improve production rate, energy efficiency, and mine reliability.
•Leverage recent investments to increase sustainable production rates by implementing engineering solutions to improve process effectiveness.
· Works with Maintenance to maintain instructions, drawings, records, procedures etc.
· Key member of mine hoisting plant team, responsible for enforcing hoisting practices and procedures in compliance with industry best practices.
· Works closely with Maintenance Department to support Reliable Asset Management objectives.
· Supports mine continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience:
•An accredited degree in mechanical engineering is required.
•5-10 years experience is required.
•Heavy industry experience is required
•Experience in mining operations preferred.
•Ability to obtain Ontario P. Eng. preferred.
About Helffrich International:
Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of architectural lighting controls, shading solutions and energy management systems for high end residential and commercial building applications. The company is a mid-sized U.S. multinational thai is profitable, growing quickly and has a worldwide reputation for technology, quality and service.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary history.