Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Great benefits, room to grow, and a flexible schedule.”
Job Title: Database Coordinator
Date: April 4, 2022
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization representing people with hearing loss. HLAA opens the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, support and advocacy. With more than 48 million Americans living with hearing loss, we work nationally and in local communities to provide vital assistance and resources to help people with hearing loss and their families live better lives.
The Database Coordinator oversees the daily operation of the organization's relationship management database, including updating constituent, HLAA Chapter, member and donor records, and recording and tracking gifts and donor prospects.
The Database Coordinator serves a primary role in ensuring data accuracy, gift recording and acknowledgments, and reporting. This position also provides support to staff by analyzing constituent and donor data, assisting with creating reports, training staff in the primary use of the database, and implementing policies to guide data entry.
The position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Director of Finance and Operations.
The Database Coordinator will:
· Maintain the organization’s relationship management database, including updating constituent, HLAA Chapter, member and donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, importing data, and creating and running reports and queries.
· Process incoming donations, matching gifts, memberships, and registrations to ensure that all are recorded and acknowledged accurately and timely.
· Generate and mail acknowledgement letters, and work with staff to ensure all letters are current.
· Create, maintain and run reports that track donations, membership, and fundraising progress, and generate lists for appeals, stewardship, e-News, magazine and annual report distribution.
· Update and keep current various funds, campaigns and appeals, and work with staff to effectively identify segments of data for analyses and targeting.
· Implement event registrations, assist with the Unified Membership Program, and integrate data from separately tracked initiatives with the relationship management database.
· Follow and provide input on policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of data.
· Respond to constituent inquiries regarding membership, donations and event registrations.
· Answer phone calls as needed and direct calls to the appropriate staff member.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge.
Nonprofit experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge and experience working with Raiser's Edge NXT and how it communicates with systems such as Online Express, Luminate Online, and other software.
· Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and developing reports.
· Understanding of databases and best practices as they relate to data entry and integrity.
· Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· Interest or experience in nonprofit development and member or donor relations.
· Strong customer service orientation and ability to address inquiries from constituents by phone and email.
· Ability to understand staff data needs and translate between these needs and data output to produce effective reports.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, problem-solve, and manage multiple projects.
· Comfortable working in a team where attitude and work ethic matters.
· Proficient in Microsoft 365 Office; Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work might require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Travel to HLAA annual convention is required.
How to Apply:
For serious inquiries, send an email with a resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, and “Database Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Type: Full-time. Hybrid working and flexible schedule. We only consider local candidates. Please do not apply if you cannot relocate to the DC Metro area.
HLAA will require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that HLAA deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation)
Company address: 6116 Executive Boulevard
Posted date: 27 days ago