· A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required, Master’s preferred
· 2 – 5+ Years of recent Management Experience, preferably in Case Management in an acute care setting.
· A working knowledge of The Joint Commission and Medicare Standards.
· Directs the day to day operation of the Case Management Department. Responsible for all coordination of care, utilization review, social work and discharge planning activities within assigned operating unit.
· Proven track record in management, measurement and continuous performance improvement of Length Of Stay, status management , resource utilization, and denial prevention/management and Clinical Documentation Program in a major Medical Center.
· Works directly and collaboratively with all key customers to develop and maintain optimal processes and procedures to assure excellent level of service.
· Designs and implements staffing plans and assignments based on productivity and business needs.
· Has authority for hiring, staffing and evaluation of staff.
· Overall accountability for productivity of staff.
· Serves as a key leader in supporting and assuring hospital and medical staff compliance with TJC, federal, state, and other regulatory requirements.
· In addition, director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Clinical Documentation Program.
This position is Bonus Eligible!
As a 475 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region, this Hospital offers the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. For more than forty years, this Hospital in Amarillo has been, and is dedicated to providing a full range of mental health treatment to those in Texas and surrounding areas. Located in Amarillo, Texas, patients travel to here from Oklahoma, New Mexico, Kansas, Colorado, and throughout Texas. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, consider Amarillo it’s a great place to live and work!