OASIS Review Nurse (RN)
DEFINITION: The Clinical OASIS Review Nurse will be responsible for the review and processing of OASIS assessments, maintaining a high standard of patient care and ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
REPORT TO: Nurse Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Texas; minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, preferrably in home health; COS-C OASIS Certification preferred; HCS-D Home Health Care Coding preferred; knowledge of OASIS C Home Care and Medicare regulations; exceptional communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
1. Receives and reviews OASIS assessments for accuracy and completeness.
2. Communicates with clinicians to verify assessment data and advise necessary corrections.
3. Assigns appropriate ICD-9 codes to diagnoses.
4. Verifies data entry of OASIS assessments.
5. Prints 485's and verbal orders as required.
6. Updates and reviews the recertification roster.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
About Health Care Options, Inc.:
Health Care Options has more than 28 years of experience in the home health care industry, earning a reputation as an industry leader in the home health care community. Through voluntary participation in the accreditation process, Health Care Options maintains the highest level of quality care and advanced clinical assessment. We are proud to announce our voluntary application for joint commission accreditation of Healthcare organizations as it represents our commitment to excellence.
Posted 3 years ago