Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
HB Communications, Inc., one of the largest and most prestigious global providers of audio visual and video collaboration solutions and services, is actively seeking to hire a Field Service Technician to support our Greater New York area operations as part of our growing Managed Services organization. This person will oversee and perform AV systems service maintenance at various client sites in the region.
- Ability to test integrated system and train client on use.
- Manage and address service escalations by customers.
- Proficiency with test and calibration equipment I.E. VTG
- Perform preventative maintenance visits to help maintain a stable client based system.
- Research vendor repair/troubleshooting procedures
- Responsible for documentation as needed, i.e. preventative maintenance checklists.
- Field installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron / Firmware) – upload and download capability.
- Proven Programming capability (AMX / Crestron) – changes and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to Write/Modify DSP (Polycom / Biamp / Clear One)
- Proven ability to setup/troubleshoot Video Codec’s (Tandberg / Polycom / Etc.)
- Proficient Networking ability.
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems.
- Ability to solder & crimp connectors.
- Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner. Such tasks include but are not limited to: pulling cable, install connectors, projector mounting / hanging (ceiling mounts) Etc.
- Deliver clear written documentation regarding work performed and next steps.
- Assist next level service technicians, as needed.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Prepares and administers performance evaluations.
- Enforces accurate time reporting policies related to personnel timesheets and customer billing.
- Proficient in the safe use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues above job profile and/or capabilities
- Clean equipment, i.e. Camera lenses, Display screen (Monitors), equipment fans, etc.
- Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
- Equipment delivery and associated responsibilities.
- Other duties as requested or required.
- Associated Technical trade school Diploma or College Diploma (Preferred).
- Minimum one year industry experience.
- Candidate must complete all training requirements for this position within the current allowable established timeframe.
- CTS Certification.
- Crestron –(All minor certifications, DMC-E)
- AMX- (All minor certifications)
- DSP-(Clear One, Biamp next level, Polycom Certifications)
- Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- PC proficient.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Strong desire to learn and be trained.
- Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job.
- Competitive Salary
- Room for Growth
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match)
- Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off
About HB Communications, Inc:
HB Communications, Inc. began as HB Motion Picture Service in 1946, and has since grown into a multi-pillared company with audiovisual and telecommunications underpinnings, covering education, corporate, military, worship, and other markets. Merging audiovisual and information technologies, HB designs, builds, services, and supports end-to-end solutions for its clientele. HB largely serves the Northeast U.S., is headquartered in North Haven, CT, but supports a customer base that spans the globe.
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All Jobs at HB Communications, Inc
viewed this job.
Posted 7 days ago