Life, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
Why Work Here?
“Leading AV Integrator”
HB Communications, Inc. is currently looking to fill an AV Project Manager position in our North Haven, CT office. This person will be responsible for fully managing the installation of audio visual systems to insure compliance with project specifications, and company standards to ensure a completed system is delivered to the customer.
The Project Manager manages all project schedules and team members, including but not limited to installation technicians, control systems programmers, engineers, quality control engineers and HB contracted sub-contractors. In addition, the Project Manager will coordinate the work per the project design specification and product procurement in order to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Act as main point of contact with customer throughout the project
- Confirms accuracy of scope of work & installation timeframe with client
- Frequent communication with Operations Director regarding status of projects
- Identifies & communicates to the Operations department appropriate project resources needed for the project, and assigns individual responsibilities
- Ability to prepare a Microsoft Project Gantt chart for the installation
- Review the GC authored project Gantt chart for trade coordination issues
- Review the contractual documents in order to define HB obligations and responsibilities
- Schedule GUI discovery sessions with the client, for the Programmer and Engineer when required.
- Identifies and communicates long lead items
- Ensure infrastructure installation such as; conduit, floor boxes, AC power, cable, etc… are being installed according to the drawings and on time to meet the project schedule
- Assist in eliciting proposals from subcontractors; work with HB Sales for issuance of P.O.
- Communicates project details, schedule, etc… to the installation team
- Ensure that all required materials and equipment are available to the Installation team for the commencement of the installation
- Coordinates all project delivery’s with the HB Warehouse and project site resources
- Participate in client project meetings & provide installation updates wherever required
- Provide guidance & assistance to the project team regarding installation methods & procedures to ensure HB standards are met
- Coordinate with the work of other trades on the job site
- Coordinate the dates for the Quality Control Technicians to be on-site to conduct the final inspection of the installation.
- Monitoring and Controlling:
- Monitors and supervises the progress of the project
- Monitor labor unit consumption and inform Management when labor units are going to be exceeded
- Manages project conflicts so optimal outcome can be achieved
- Notify the engineer of record regarding field engineering issues and any deficiencies in the HB documentation
- Author or assist in the formulation change order requests
- Monitor approval for any submittals including change orders, RFI’s, drawings, etc…
- Monitor quality standards throughout the project process
- Responsible for obtaining project completion sign off’s from the client
- Monitor punch list and closeout process and ensure contract compliance
- Provide post project analysis of what can be improved in the process for the future including a list of kudos, corrective actions and/or best practices that can be used on other projects and share them with all members of the HB project team
**Note: This list of job responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list. A Project Manager is expected to perform other duties as assigned.**
- Technical Skills: Experience & understanding of audio/visual technologies, proficient with computers & software applications such as SAP and MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
- Personal Skills: Organized. Detail oriented. Good oral/written communications. Ability to work independently.
- Oral & Written Communications: Ability to focus on relevant issues and present information effectively either in writing or verbally.
- Organization: Ability to multi-task, complete assignments, and present work in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of Work: Knowledge and understanding of all phases of this job. Exhibit the ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Quality of Work: The accuracy and thoroughness with which work is completed.
- Quantity of Work: Volume of work completed in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Compliance with instructions and regulations. Can be counted on to perform job tasks in a satisfactory manner.
- Judgment: Demonstrate the ability to make reasonable, sound business decisions with responsibility. Include the appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Initiative: Resourcefulness, independent thinking, attention and application to work.
- Team Player: Contributes to the success of team, by evaluating the finished product and insuring that the customer is receiving a high quality system that has been designed to specifications.
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or higher
**HB will provide specialized training in areas relevant to the PM position**
WORK WEEK & HOURS:
- Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week.
- Expected to work hours required by the project schedule, typically 7:30AM to 4:30 PM
- Competitive pay
- Progressive Career Path in the AV industry
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match)
- Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off
About HB Communications, Inc:
HB Communications, Inc. began as HB Motion Picture Service in 1946, and has since grown into a multi-pillared company with audiovisual and telecommunications underpinnings, covering education, corporate, military, worship, and other markets. Merging audiovisual and information technologies, HB designs, builds, services, and supports end-to-end solutions for its clientele. HB largely serves the Northeast U.S., is headquartered in North Haven, CT, but supports a customer base that spans the globe.
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
11 months ago