Benefits OfferedLife, Vision, Dental, 401K, Medical
HB Communications, Inc. is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Accounts Payable Specialist. We are looking for a talented up-and-comer who will be part of the Finance team, responsible for the processing of invoices for payment; matching purchasing orders to manufacturer’s invoices; processing resolution of customer payment problems; and maintaining the accounts payable files. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in North Haven, CT.
The successful candidate is a person with a solid educational background, Accounting Skills, and strong experience using Enterprise Software (strong preference for SAP), with 2-5 years of business to business experience. This person will be hands on and detailed oriented, a team player who communicates effectively and ready to make an immediate impact. A motivated self-starter who unrelentingly moves the process forward, taking the initiative to resolve conflicts with consistent follow up.
- Processes invoices for payments.
- Matches up packing slips, invoices and purchase orders.
- Matches vendor debit memos with manufacturer’s credit memos.
- Provides Accounts Payable Manager with bills for approval and payment.
- Matches payments to invoices.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists other departments in the resolution of customer queries.
- Works with vendors to resolve payment problems.
- Answers phone / Mail / Faxing / Filing/
NOTE: This list of job responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list. An Accounts Payable Specialist is expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Financial/Accounting background a plus
- 2-5 years relevant experience, we will also consider strong Junior Candidates
- Business to Business A/R Collections a plus
- Willing to train an otherwise exceptional candidate
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills are a MUST
- Competitive pay
- Progressive Career Path in the AV industry
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match)
- Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off
So what does all this mean to you?
- The security & stability of an industry leader
- Unlimited career advancement opportunities and increased marketability
- Exposure to the most leading edge technologies in the industry
- Fully paid training & industry certification
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to work with a group of extremely talented & dedicated professionals
- A collaborative and friendly culture with a management team with vision and passion for growth
About HB Communications, Inc:
HB Communications, Inc. began as HB Motion Picture Service in 1946, and has since grown into a multi-pillared company with audiovisual and telecommunications underpinnings, covering education, corporate, military, worship, and other markets. Merging audiovisual and information technologies, HB designs, builds, services, and supports end-to-end solutions for its clientele. HB largely serves the Northeast U.S., is headquartered in North Haven, CT, but supports a customer base that spans the globe.
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 18 days ago