Posted 2 years ago in Telecommunications
Job Title: MDU Account Manager
Location: Oahu; 1177 Bishop St
Reference #: 102177
The position is responsible for selling Hawaiian Telcom’s triple play service (TV, high speed internet and voice) offerings to both new and existing Multi-dwelling Unit (MDU) market (condominiums and single family homes). They are also responsible for planning and coordinating marketing programs and events to increase Average Revenue per user (ARPU)
Functional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
90% Attain assigned sales commitment including: protection of revenue base, generation of new revenues and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Advocate customer needs with other HT processes in order to develop new sales opportunities
- Interface with MDU customers within assigned territory to further develop sales plans into actual closed sales
- Assist customers with end to end resolution on any billing/repair issues as needed
- Develop sales plans, positioning with customers, understanding customer needs, designing solutions, develop and conduct customer training, presenting proposals and closing sales
- Develop and maintain general levels of product/service expertise to include developing and conducting internal training
- Understand and communicate competitor's strategies, strengths and vulnerabilities and utilize to meet sales objectives
10% Complete administrative responsibilities on time that includes:
- Ensuring the accurate ordering and installation of services and products
- Effectively and efficiently working with sales support resources in order to meet customer needs and requirements
- Rotating responsibility to lead and direct User Acceptance Testing including identification and resolution of defects.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies & Behavior
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Problem solving and analytical ¿ Ability to analyze financial impacts
- Strong verbal and writing skills ¿ Ability to communicate effectively in various mediums.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Strong Sense of Accountability
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities to continually increase market knowledge and competitive intelligence; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Process oriented - Knows and understands how to develop marketing solutions within corporate infrastructure
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in addition to ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve team objectives
- Experience in a technology or marketing
- Decision making (makes sound, well informed, fact-based decisions)
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Change Management - adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Working knowledge of other telecommunication services and industry trends
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge.
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Utilizes technology-based tools and processes
- Continuous learning and development
- Customer service orientation
- Identifies market potential, establishes product offers, pricing and market strategies
A. Education or equivalent:
- Four years of college resulting in Bachelor's degree or three to five years of equivalent experience in a related field.
B. Professional training or knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years direct sales experience (preferably technology/telecommunications based)
- 3-5 years experience managing other telecommunication/technology projects.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and Visio.
- Preference for those with experience selling to MDUs
- Demonstrated ability to manage sales process from end to end and follow-up of assigned accounts
- Ability to develop and execute a plan for account penetration within assigned territory
C. Work experience:
- Has negotiated with others to develop scope of work and close sale
- Prefer someone with telecommunications background
- Demonstrated experience selling in a competitive environment
- 5 days per week, 8 hours per day; flexible shift hours and days worked may depending on MDU Events that could be scheduled for evenings and weekend.
- Work may be performed in an enclosed area lacking windows
- May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
- Indoor work - Exposed to indoor conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, various lighting conditions, etc.
- Ability to multi-task at a very fast pace
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to many moving facets of the job
- Ability to make quick situational assessments and react accordingly.
- Requires leveraging leadership and a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups. as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Requires alignment with the Company's F.A.S.T. Values
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Requires managing multiple functions and tasks
- Work may be performed a various locations under varying conditions.
- Requires frequent sitting and occasional standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/ crouching/crawling, lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs, and reading paper documentation and electronic communications.
- Requires driving/traveling to various locations and company branches and departments throughout the State of Hawaii in a timely manner.
- Required to meet multiple priorities and project due dates. May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
Headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaiian Telcom is Hawaii's leading provider of integrated communications solutions for business and residential customers. With roots in Hawaii beginning in 1883, we offer a full range of services including voice, video, Internet, data, wireless, and advanced communication and network services supported by the reach and reliability of its network and Hawaii's only 24/7 state-of-the-art network operations center. With employees statewide sharing a commitment to innovation and a passion for delivering superior service, Hawaiian Telcom provides an Always On customer experience.
Browse account manager jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii: