Posted 2 years ago in Telecommunications
Job Title: Mgr - eNOC Monitor & Surveilnc
Location: Oahu; 1177 Bishop St
Reference #: 102174
This position manages the day-to-day operations of the Hawaiian Telcom Network Operations Center (NOC) and the oversight of all HT Network Based elements. This manager will also oversee the administration of a variety of network based elements deployed across HT. This position has budgetary and some vendor oversight.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
25% General staff management and coaching
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, including work allocation, training and problem resolution, and employee performance evaluations
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors, motivating employees to achieve peak individual and team performance
- Direct and guide day-to-day execution of activities, in accordance with company policies, procedures and any applicable laws.
- Interview, hire and ensure proper training of new employees
- Identify opportunities for employee development and training for new and existing products & services and encourage staff to improve their skills by attending recommended programs
15% Incident/outage management
- Direct NOC activities related to the management and restoration of Hawaiian Telcom service and network outages, including technical, management and vendor escalations
- Assist in vendor escalation and SLA management
- Ensure timely and accurate internal communications related to service and network outages
- Define, manage, measure, and improve NOC processes and procedures related to incident management, including communication and training of these practices
- Lead cross-functional after-action-review activities, documenting NOC incident handling and identifying lessons learned for improved incident handling in the future
15% Proactive problem management
- Direct trending and analysis activities to identify recurring and chronic conditions impacting network and service performance
- Liaise with technical peer groups to identify the root cause and corrective actions required to resolve network problems and prevent future occurrences
- Ensure proper communication and management visibility related to recurring and simplex conditions
10% Develop monitoring and event management capabilities and systems
- Work with technical and systems leads to improve monitoring capabilities in the NOC, including continued tuning and refinement of alarming
- Work with technical leads to ensure NOC monitoring systems, alerts and messaging are properly configured and optimized to support operating effective and efficient use of NOC resources
10% Change and configuration management
- Review internal and external changes, providing operational feedback and approvals; help to ensure proper communication of maintenance activities with the customer and user base
- Manage the commissioning of new network elements to ensure that network devices are brought online consistent with NOC procedures and policy and able to effectively support customer service provisioning and delivery
10% Service continuity management
- Help ensure proper management of network elements from a continuity perspective, including periodic review of backup and restoration activities performed across the Hawaiian Telcom network
- Serve as the Emergency Preparedness Administrator, supporting the EOC (Emergency Operations Center) team and overall company preparation and response activities, including but not limited to training, annual preparedness functions & State and City disaster preparedness, lead and attend cross functional meetings, review and update of EOC related documentation.
10% Process management and improvement
- Responsible for all the ongoing maintenance and periodic review of all NOC processes and procedures
- Help to create and maintain a culture of continual improvement in the NOC, encouraging documented best practices and ensuring the NOC specialists are active identifying and following improvements to working practices
- Support cross-functional team planning to improve operational performance and customer satisfaction
5% Support company projects and initiatives
- Represent the NOC in project meetings supporting the implementation of new products and services
- Participate in the development of monitoring and alarm processes for new technology deployments, including fault and performance management integration into OSS systems.
- Directly supervise employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Strong writing skills - Ability to communicate effectively through concise writing.
- Ability to communicate with brevity and clarity orally and through written communication to management, co-workers and external customers.
Planning skills - includes qualifying and planning skills. Develop wholesale strategic planning capabilities, goals, objectives, revenue, margin targets.
- Process oriented - Knows and understands how to identify, analyze, and create efficient scalable and repeatable processes.
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Decision making (makes sound, well informed, fact-based decisions)
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Strong Sense of Accountability
- Change Management - adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction including with follow-up
- Utilizes technology-based tools and processes
- Continuous learning and development
- Customer service focus and orientation
- Technical skills - includes product knowledge, business acumen and competitive knowledge. Continually grow wholesale technical capability and increase market and competitive intelligence.
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Removing Obstacles competency - includes active listening, clarifying problems, championing needed change, and facilitating resolution of inter-departmental conflict.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited, four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management Information Sciences, Computer & Information Science, preferred or equivalent of 3 years of experience in related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to troubleshoot and resolve IP network troubles in the physical, data link, and network layers.
- Required to do shift work on a 24x7x365 possibly including holidays and weekends.
- Minimum three (3) years- experience working in a NOC setting preferred.
- Three years' experience in a supervisory capacity or leadership role.
- Minimum of three (3) years' work experience in installing, testing, administering, troubleshooting, and maintaining customer premise equipment/network preferred.
- Previous experience with Voice, Data and/or Video applications preferred.
- Required experience in configuring and troubleshooting data/IP networks.
- Demonstrated working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong creative and operational skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated experience presenting and speaking publicly.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Preferred working experience with the following systems, tools, and skills:
- Installing, testing, administering, troubleshooting, and maintaining customer LAN/WAN and IP networks
- Daytime tour of duty; occasional scheduled night and weekend work.
- May require working alone.
- Work may be performed in an enclosed area lacking windows.
- May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
- Indoor work - Exposed to indoor conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, various lighting conditions, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, functions and tasks.
- Requires leveraging leadership and a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Requires alignment with the Company's F.A.S.T. Values
- Fierce Resolve - be Focused, Determined, Overcome the toughest challenges
- Aloha Spirit - Heartfelt, Kind, Serve with warmth and humility
- Superior Service - Exceptional, Extraordinary, Strive to provide the very best
- Trustworthy - Honest, Reliable, Make promises a reality
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Requires standing, sitting, lifting/carrying supplies and training materials up to 25 lbs,
- Requires reading paper documentation and electronic communications so typing and writing is a required.
- May require traveling to various locations under varying conditions and to company branches and departments throughout the State of Hawaii in a timely manner so must possess a valid Hawaii State Driver's License.
- Required to meet multiple priorities and project due dates.
- May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
Headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaiian Telcom is Hawaii's leading provider of integrated communications solutions for business and residential customers. With roots in Hawaii beginning in 1883, we offer a full range of services including voice, video, Internet, data, wireless, and advanced communication and network services supported by the reach and reliability of its network and Hawaii's only 24/7 state-of-the-art network operations center. With employees statewide sharing a commitment to innovation and a passion for delivering superior service, Hawaiian Telcom provides an Always On customer experience.
Browse manager jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii:
Fun Factory, Inc. - Honolulu, HI
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
SUCCESS ADV/HAWAII INDEPENDENT ENERGY - Honolulu
Posted 2 days ago on Monster
AT&T - Honolulu, HI
Posted yesterday on the web