Major Northern New Jersey law firm seeks Intellectual Property Research Analyst:
Seeking a seasoned patent professional who can work independently in providing quality patent services to attorneys and clients. This position is primarily responsible for focusing on the management of client patent portfolios in conducting, tracking, managing and organizing researched information including related and/or prior patents, prior art and patent families. Experience in both prosecution and litigation will be necessary to succeed. This position requires excellent organizational and research skills. Duties:
- A minimum of ten (5) plus years’ experience dealing with all phases of Intellectual property including prosecution and litigation.
- Familiarity with all phases of researching prior patents and prior art and analyze the impact of the research on proposed patents.
- Ability to organize researched materials for constructive use by the attorneys.
- Ability to assist in managing client patent portfolios.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with patent prosecution software.
- Knowledge of the MicroSoft Office Suite.
- Ability to carry and move files of up to 5 pounds.
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable college.
Position offers very competitive salary and benefits.
Exceptional candidates with similar experience are encouraged to apply.