Patent and Trademark Docketing Clerk:
Major Northern New Jersey Law firm seeks Docket Clerk with Patent and/or Trademark experience.
Under the direction of the Tech Group Administrator, the Patent and Trademark Docket Clerk will be responsible for assisting the Patent and Trademark Docket Administrators with various administrative tasks to ensure that all critical deadlines are docketed and that all appropriate individuals are aware of such deadlines.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the CPI trademark and patent database, along with other client-specific docketing software, including docketing due dates and other action items;
- As instructed by the Docket Administrators, create and maintain electronic records and physical files for all assigned matters and file all correspondence appropriately;
- Process and docket daily incoming correspondence;
- Generate reports, letters and other correspondence as instructed;
- Review and issue daily, weekly and monthly dockets;
- Review timelines with attorneys;
- Prepare deadline tickler-reports for attorneys and paralegals;
- Run vendor reports and analyze and address docketing discrepancies.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (including physical abilities):
- One to three years of relevant experience is preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and/or Paralegal certification from an ABA-approved program is a plus;
- Working knowledge of CPI or other docketing software is a plus;
- Enthusiasm for learning and a desire to be challenged is necessary;
- Ability to comport oneself professionally when interacting with all levels of the organization as well as clients is required;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and phone skills are critical;
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Proficiency with Outlook/Excel/Access is essential.
Position offers competitive salary and benefits.
Exceptional candidates with similar experience are encouraged to apply.