Location: Chicago, IL
Our client is a leader in their field. They are looking for a Senior Compensation Specialist to perform in a hands-on role with the responsibility for designing and implementing executive and sales incentive plans, long term incentive plans, equity, etc.
- Experience with Ultimate Software and creating reports in Cognos is preferred and a plus!
- CCP and/or CEP. SPHR designation is also a plus
Primary responsibilities include administration of executive and other compensation plans, assisting with administration of the long-term incentive and non-qualified retirement plans and other projects as needed. In this multi-faceted role, in addition to day-to-day responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to use your project management, technical, analytical, consultative and interpersonal skills as you interface with both internal and external customers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Competitive analysis of all elements of total compensation relative to the market and to the organization’s specific circumstances, recommend and implement changes to structures or programs.
- Assist in the design of performance measurement and targets to support short and long term incentive programs and to align employee compensation with the shareholders expectations. Will also assist with design of other sales related incentive programs.
- Assist in the preparation of required disclosure documents, including the Compensation Discussion and Analysis, and other requests as needed.
- Administration of the long term incentive plan – assist with the design of awards, monitoring legal compliance, monitoring forfeitures, reconciliation of shares, preparing communications to inform employees of plan updates, monitoring and evaluating financial cost and dilutive impact, and other day to day administrative tasks.
- Administration of the non-qualified retirement plans- monitoring plans for legal compliance and plan document updates, back up for day to day administration
- Prepare job descriptions. Assist with annual performance management focal review process.
- Provide counsel and guidance to other team members as needed regarding communication delivery and as well as mentoring others in the executive compensation and compensation functional areas.
- Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, recommend and implement appropriate changes.
- HR system related work including projects based (such as assist with the implementation of a new performance management system) and maintenance related work with the goal of maximizing efficiency and functionality within our integrated HR and Payroll system, Ultimate Software. The HR system related work includes Cognos reporting.
- General HR responsibilities including but not limited to leading or assisting with various HR projects, employee relations counseling, training, event assistance, recruiting, general employee inquiries, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of proven experience in the area of executive compensation in a public company. This should include a comprehensive knowledge of executive compensation, stock plan administration and experience in compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, incentive plan design (annual and long-term), equity strategy, change in control planning, board compensation and other issues. Experience should also preferably include non-qualified retirement plan administration along with mergers and acquisitions.
- From a regulatory perspective, experience should include hands-on experience related to the SEC reporting requirements for executive filings and 409A deferred compensation regulations, 162(m) regulations and various tax related rules such as 280G, 83b. And other compensation and benefit related laws.
- Ability and proven experience to read and interpret documents (i.e. proxies, plan documents, etc.) and/or technical regulations and being able to communicate this knowledge verbally or in a written summary.
- Proven ability to independently and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Significant oral, consultative, interpersonal skills as well as written communication skills are a must. This should include the ability to develop, proofread and edit and significant experience in developing communications to deliver key executive messages.
- Ability to work with a diverse and executive population and within a cross-functional team in a constantly changing environment with time-sensitive needs
- Advanced technical proficiencies in the area of broad based HRIS functionality, including MS-Word and Excel, PowerPoint. Technical proficiencies should also include the ability to assess and implement opportunities for automation.
About H.T. Associates.com:
Established in 1980, H.T. Associates, Inc. (HTA) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and Human Resources consulting firm. We are in our third decade of providing permanent staffing and staff augmentation assistance to many of the worlds leading corporations.
In fact, our firms efforts have been instrumental in one of our corporate clients winning the coveted Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, with that client bestowing the Malcolm Baldrige Vendor Quality Award on HTA in recognition of our outstanding assistance.
At HTA we specialize in the placement of professionals at top tier companies that are experiencing dynamic growth. This allows for involvement in exciting and challenging projects while providing significantly accelerated career growth for our candidates. Also, with their expert knowledge of the Talent Acquisition Process, our highly skilled consultants can provide counsel on successful interviewing techniques and lend professional assistance throughout the entire placement process.
Posted 3 years ago