Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Plant Human Resources Manager Jobs in Holland, MI
Plant Human Resources Manager
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the plant.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices. Investigate and advice regarding internal and external employee relations and concerns working with corporate team on responses.
- Partner with client and lead on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
- Be responsible for ensuring that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and organizational development
- Lead and develop the plant HR staff.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment driving employee engagement, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives including development and execution of a communication rhythm to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place
- Work with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including ensuring that the affirmative action program is kept current and that all employees at the Plant location adhere to guidelines of this program.
- Ensure compensation packages are competitive with the local area. Work with corporate compensation to recommend and implement benefits/compensation programs, which respond to the changing work force and provide a competitive advantage.
- Be a champion for employee wellness initiatives and drive through activities, education and awareness.
- Participate in the Quality Risk Management Process (QRMP) yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Be accountable for the QRMP system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Be responsible for managing the HR departmental budget
- Work to provide a proactive approach to maintaining current union free status or Works to provide a proactive approach to maintaining constructive relationships with the union including management of all contractual issues (grievances, arbitrations etc) and negotiations process
The following skills and experience are required to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college. Master's degree in Human Resources or business administration from an accredited university or college strongly preferred.
- 5+ years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience required; minimum of 2 years prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to balance role as employee advocate and business partner while maintaining neutrality and credibility with the organization.
- Experience developing and driving creative programs to attract and engage employees
- Possess accurate and updated knowledge of Federal and State laws applicable to wages, hours, working conditions, safety, labor relations, etc. to ensure compliance with state and federal legal requirements.
About H.J. Heinz Company:
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
Heinz is a global company with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day. Your career with us is limited only by your drive, ambition and imagination and we are committed to maximizing the talents of those who join us.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Plant Human Resources Manager jobs in Holland, Michigan: