VP Business Manager
, reporting to the Head of Business Development for the NY Branch of a Major Foreign Bank. This role is located in New York City.
Work in close co-operation with all Front Office and Support areas. Identify, analyze and provide solutions to business needs (for example, new products or transactions, necessary changes due to regulatory changes) and project manage the implementation of agreed changes for these needs. Undertake transaction, workflow and business analyst tasks as well as ad hoc project analysis to support Front Office requirements. Participate as a key member of COO and Business Management team.
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Business setup and optimization, including financial review of the business, cost management , planning and project management
- Understand and analyze changes in regulatory environment and its impact on business setup, together with business and support functions, provide guidance and solutions to address the relevant changes
- Workflow project management, documentation & maintenance. Work with supporting teams to identify and implement process efficiencies and opportunities to automate manual possesses. Help with prioritization for the other groups
- Work with business and support areas and lead the planning, analysis and execution of business development initiatives with focus on front-to-back alignment
- Perform business-driven and value-added analysis to provide insight and visibility into business performance and strategy execution
- Provide advice on financial and accounting implications of business trends and product and translate methodologies and requirements to the business
- Trade approval co-ordination and reporting
- Front Office Audit Follow-up and co-ordination
- Partner closely with the Support areas (e.g. tax, legal, regulatory, compliance, operations (settlements & documentation), risk management, credit, risk control, product control and finance) in day-to-day business support.
- Trade support coverage, where required
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred with prior investment banking experience, ideally 7 years minimum and ideally in front office or business development function with fixed income product knowledge
- Must be highly motivated and delivery focused with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment with strong project management skill set
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; able to work collaboratively with business line executives and cross functions
- Good appreciation of enterprise financial and operation risk control requirements to guide and ensure that reporting and processes are compliant.
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 preferred.