Sorry, this job was closed 3 months ago.
“Be part of the change...giving individuals with barriers a first chance by providing organizations customized resources to adopt OH!”
General Manager - The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston
Why join us?
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
The General Manager is the entrepreneurial leader that will grow The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston over its next phase to become a hub of human capital innovation and a thought leader in the inclusive economy. As the head of The Center, the GM leverages all Greyston’s resources and 35-years of experience with Open Hiring, to provide services to partners and clients at The Center. The GM will work with key decision makers at other organizations to advance the practice and drive adoption of Open Hiring. This role will lead the delivery of strategic projects by leveraging relationships across a myriad of public and private organizations. Through an entrepreneurial mindset, the GM will identify all opportunities to maximize the impact and profitability of The Center and be responsible for design and execution of all services. Strong business development skills, a deep understanding of human capital management, and a commitment to creating an inclusive economy are essential capabilities for a successful General Manager at The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
1. Lead Business Development at The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
2. Provide overall leadership of The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
3. Develop and execute the strategies for The Center to maximize our impact, including product design, operations, and marketing.
4. Develop The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston annual budget and align investments, staff, and other resources necessary to implement strategies and achieve impact goals.
5. Serve as one of the organization’s spokespersons in promoting the organization and its mission.
Core Tasks and Timing for Key Responsibilities
Lead Business Development at The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
· Develop a business development strategy for attracting new clients and partners to The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
· Foster and leverage relationships to build a pipeline of business for the expansion and adoption of Open Hiring across multiple industries.
· Oversee the execution of projects in each of the three areas of research, training, and advisory services
· Drive the execution of multiple initiatives by using strategic thinking, strong communication, and dynamic problem-solving skills to “connect the dots” between projects.
· Actively engage with client leads and others to manage delivery of deadlines as defined by the initiative owners, and identify and plan mitigation for cascading impacts when changes occur.
· Manage administration of all major deliverables.
Provide overall leadership of The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston
· Achieve or exceed revenue, funding, and profit targets.
· Develop The Center’s organizational goals and KPIs aligning funding, staff, and other resources necessary to implement strategies and achieve impact goals.
· Refine, scale and support the national and global uptake of the Open Hiring Model through providing pathways for learning and innovation.
· Build a community of Open Hiring practitioners through strategic partnerships with other organizations.
· Ensure that The Center serves as a catalyst for economic inclusion and social equity through the design, measurement, and refinement of Open Hiring methods, sustainable business practices, and innovative provision of essential community programs.
· Serve as a thought partner with the CEO and other key resources to facilitate problem solving
Develop and execute the strategies for The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston to maximize our impact, including product design, operations, and marketing.
· Develop the product and service offerings to attract large organizations, foundations and financial institutions to engage with The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston.
· In collaboration with the VP of Marketing, develop an overall marketing plan to position The
Center as the global leader in changing traditional hiring practices to give opportunities to people that would otherwise be denied the chance to be self-sufficient.
· Build a business case, including the ROI and SROI models, to ensure business performance and community outcomes are being achieved, and use the information to further promote the use and adoption of the Open Hiring Model by other organizations.
· Direct the building of effective training curriculum and materials utilizing a variety of media sources in order to train, coach, and mentor business professional’s interested in implementing the Open Hiring model in their organizations.
Develop The Center for Open Hiring at Greyston annual budget and align investments, staff, and other resources necessary to implement strategies and achieve impact goals.
· Lead and support the success of all direct reports in establishing, executing, and achieving annual SMART goals that further Greyston’s mission and vision.
· Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate rapid growth of The Center.
· Responsible for building and maintaining a constructive working relationship with relevant functions such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, IT, etc.
Serve as one of the organization’s spokespersons in promoting the organization and its mission.
· Actively promote through speaking engagements, articles, and social media the Open Hiring Model and The Center with the goal of having Open Hiring become common lexicon to every organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Proven experience managing complexity and ability to thrive under high-pressured, ambiguous and uncertain conditions
· Understanding or appreciation for systems thinking, or systems change management.
Experience or strong interest in radical innovation, including, but not limited to, these industries: Inclusive Hiring, Human Capital Consulting, and Business Development.
· Proven leadership ability, specifically experience in managing and creating multi-disciplinary teams for effective innovation in solving for systemic challenges.
· Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to construct new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems, including knowledge and experience with business model innovation tactics and tools.
· Commitment to Greyston’s core values, mission, and programs
· Skilled in building partnerships to achieve strategic initiatives and attain organizational goals.
· Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player.
· Experience creating program budgets and delivering on measurable outcomes.
· Ability to lead while being part of an integrated team, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performing team.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and function within a dynamic and challenging environment.
· Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated ability to lead teams through a complex and ambiguous task.
· Project Management experience including design and hands-on delivery.
· Ability to be independent and work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers, such as language and culture.
· Must be a motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude.
· 10+ years of business development and human capital management experience
· Proven leadership ability in managing and creating multi-disciplinary teams for effective innovation
· 5+ years not-for-profit experience a plus
· Proven track record of consultative sales a plus
· Experience working with a $20+ million company a plus
· Working poor, social justice and poverty subject matter expert a plus
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Company address: 21 Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse General Manager jobs in Yonkers NY USA:
Patrice & Associates - Liberty Corner, NJ in Manhattan, NY
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Patrice and Associates in New York, NY
Posted 20 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Patrice & Associates - Liberty Corner, NJ in Manhattan, NY
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter