Granite Services International, Inc. is a wholly owned affiliate of General Electric, and works with GE Energy Services, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Wind and Power & Water on over 2,000 projects every year. Check out our website (http://www.gsinc. com) for more details.
A gas turbine thermal performance engineer will be executing highly technical services on various gas turbine models. The successful execution of these global services will require that the engineer adhere to internal processes while being open to challenges that may arise. Engineers are accountable for the quality our customers feel when purchasing our services. Areas of customer quality include accurate/timely documentation, appropriate/ timely installation of instrumentation, accurate collection of field data, various site activities, and communications.
- Review commercial guarantees, test expectations/ requirements, and develop performance test procedures.
- Prepare, plan, and execute thermal performance tests on gas turbines.
- Analyze data, calculate test results, diagnose and evaluate testing issues and develop corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare test reports for internal and external distribution
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding testing activities, schedules, and technical issues
- Identify and report in-field sales opportunities
- Support continued development and improvement of performance tools/processes
- Support new service development initiatives
- The position requires approximately 50% travel in 1-to- 4 week intervals, to destinations around the world. (Note: This is just an estimate; travel requirements vary, with peak outage seasons seeing higher percentages and peak demand seasons seeing less travel.)
- Mechanical Engineering degree (Bachelors or Masters preferred)
- GPA range 3.2 to 3.6 required
- Experience in fluids and thermodynamics. Should have a good understanding of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles as they relate to gas turbines.
- Strong co-op experience or hands-on field experience.
- Ability to travel extensively in support of global assignments.
- Fluent in English language.
- Training or proficiency in gas turbine and thermodynamics.
- Experience with modeling and analysis programs for gas turbines.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of computers and PC software.
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, should be a self starter
- Prior gas turbine testing experience
- Customer/team focused
Please let us know how you qualify for this role by sending your current resume to shibu.cherian@ gsinc.com, and answering in detail the following questions:
1. Do you have a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent? Please provide details.
2. What is your overall GPA? (We are looking for applicants with GPA 3.2 or higher only) Please provide details.
3. Do you have proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) skills? Please provide details.
4. Do you have a strong understanding of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles as they relate to gas turbines (Brayton Cycle)? Please provide details.
5. Do you have any mechanical skills/interests/ hobbies other than studies? (For e.g. working on cars, etc.) If so, please elaborate.
6. Are you willing to travel extensively in support of global assignments? If yes, how extensively?
7. What is your immigration status in the US? (US Citizen, Green Card holder, etc.)
8. If qualified, how soon can you interview with us, and if selected, how soon can you join this position?
You may also apply online in our Recruiting Center website by following this link: