Granite Services International, Inc. is a wholly owned affiliate of General Electric, and works with GE Energy Services, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Wind and Power & Water on over 2,000 projects every year. Check out our website (http://www.gsinc.com) for more details.
Granite Services in conjunction with GE Nuclear Energy and Cape Fear Community College is offering a unique work/study scholarship program in Wilmington, NC. The program requires two to three years of school and requires successful completion of an Associate Degree - Nuclear Maintenance Technology Program (NMTP). The program will include highly specialized technical training, on the job training and includes a three-year employment commitment following graduation.
Selected candidates will get 100% tuition scholarship for this two-year Associates Degree program as well as get a monthly internship from Granite Services along with full W-2 employee benefits.
Minimum Requirements for applying (please verify before applying):
- Applicants must live in Wilmington, North Carolina or be willing to relocate to Wilmington permanently for the duration of the commitment period. No relocation assistance provided. Strong consideration given to those who reside in Wilmington or surrounding area.
- Applicants must be at least High School graduates (18+ years old) or, currently enrolled in college, or college graduates.
- Applicants must have a current cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must have a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent communication skills.
- Applicants must have demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical aptitude (verified through placement testing)
- Applicants must successfully complete all Granite Services pre-employment screening requirements.
- Applicants must enroll in classes as required by Granite Services and Cape Fear Community College to complete the Nuclear Maintenance Technology Program (NMTP).
- Applicants must be willing to travel extensively in the United States and abroad in order to support maintaining nuclear plant reactors.
- Applicants must be US citizens with good driving and background history to satisfy requirements for badging in nuclear power plants.
- Applicants must be able to agree to a three-year employment commitment following successful completion of and graduation from Nuclear Maintenance Technology Program (NMTP) in exchange for paid tuition/fees and salary.
Application Requirements (please email to email@example.com directly):
- Your current resume as a word attachment that reflects your mechanical skills, educational background and experience.
- A separate word document under the title “Mechanical Skills of (Your Name)” that lists all your mechanical skills/experience (in a bulleted style) that you have until today. (This will give us a clear understanding of your mechanical aptitude and skills). In this document, please mention your overall GPA score from all of your educational institutions starting with High School.
In order to speed up your application process, please ALSO apply directly through the following link: https://powersource.gsinc.com/recruiting/viewpost.dyn?viewpost=427441
Seats are limited, so please apply immediately if you wish to be considered for this scholarship program. Thank you!