The I&C Electronic Test Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs and processes for the Services I&C team. The Electronic Test Engineer will apply technical, communications and leadership skills to support critical electronics life cycle needs such as electronic instrument qualification, acceptance testing, electronic instrument design, hardware and software development, failure analysis and product manufacturing needs.
- Develop system verification and validation (V&V) test requirements to insure products meet system specification.
- Develop V&V testware, test plans & procedures to implement V&V requirements
- Develop environmental test plans & procedures to insure product meet HW and System environmental requirements.
- Perform and evaluate V&V and environmental tests
- Testing and analysis for design of printed circuit boards for the use in nuclear power Instrumentation and Control (I&C) related applications involving embedded processors (Intel, ARM, DSP), component selection & applications for these boards.
- Testing to support redesign of obsolete/legacy instrumentation for parts replacement including analog electronics and parts equivalency
- Testing to support component failure analysis including report generation
- Interface with PCB designers and validate their output
- Generate and verify electronic test documentation
- Prepare manual and automated production test procedures for electronic components, assemblies and instruments.
- Drive compliance with GEH & industry based systems/software lifecycle processes, participate in design/technical reviews and promote continuous improvements.
- Support documentation, analysis and resolution of conditions adverse to quality for Services I&C control systems through the GEH Corrective Action Program
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with engineering team members, business project management and customers
- Work closely and effectively with customer plant staff to address and resolve operating product issues.
Project/Operation: I&C Parts
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Electrical Engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and performing testing of complex control systems
- Minimum 1 year of experience in all steps of the test life cycle.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with digital and analog electronic circuit testing of components including printed circuit board layout techniques for performance and manufacturability.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with lab tools and test equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzers, labView and embedded processor emulation.