Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Outside Sales Account Manager Jobs in Burlington, VT
Outside Sales Account Managers - Vermont Territories
As an Account Manager at The Granite Group you will be responsible for the sale of thousands of plumbing, heating and mechanical supply products within the assigned territory. Building a solid sales territory that generates a high volume of profitable sales for The Granite Group is this positions main mission. Generating leads, identifying new accounts, and maintaining relationships with our loyal customer base and actively selling our product to and managing all accounts within your assigned territory will insure your success.
You will work diligently to build lasting relationships with your customer base, maintaining repeat customers and searching out new prospects on a regular basis. These regularly visits with your customers, performing prospecting and cold calling activities and working to satisfy complex customer issues will keep you challenged in this role.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service and manage customers' accounts to provide the ultimate in customer service, maximizing the opportunity to sell each account as much depth and breadth of product line as possible and practical.
- Spend approximately 70% of your time on the road visiting your customer base.
- Generate or facilitate the creation of comprehensive quotes/proposal to meet customer requirements.
- Interact with customers, Branch Managers, Regional Director, and warehouse sales and management team to maximize sales within the region
- Organize, plan, and execute the effort required to reach both professional and corporate goals
- Plan and manage time and effort judiciously to facilitate the attainment of budgeted sales, profits, and market share
- Work closely with inside sales and Operations Manager to provide prompt and accurate feedback to customer requests, problems, and complaints
- Provide monthly sales activity reports to Regional Director Manager
- Participate as required in industry trade group/association meetings, events, product presentations.
- Provide sales assistance in home branch when necessary.
B.S. or B.A college degree
3-5 years in a B2B outside sales role in this or a related wholesale industry
Proven ability to be resilient, persuasive and deliver results.
Strong relationship management capability
Ability to turn information gathering sessions into new sales opportunities.
Proven success in customer/account prospecting.
Ability to stay current on new product trends.
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong computer aptitude
Ability to resolve customer issues creatively.
Strong sales aptitude
Desire to work in a fast paced environment
A valid driver’s license and a clean motor vehicle record is a must.
Experience in the plumbing and heating industry is a plus, but is not required.
About Granite Group Wholesalers, Plumbing & Heating:
The Granite Group is a leading full service wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating, cooling & water supplies with 34 locations throughout New England. We pride ourselves on supplying the highest quality products in the industry, delivered through a dynamic distribution system.
Customer service is our most important product and every member of our team is focused on delivering the best service possible to our customers. From an experienced and knowledgeable inside staff to a strong outside sales force, we work everyday to meet our customer needs and exceed their expectations. We pride ourselves on supplying the highest quality products in the industry, delivered through a dynamic distribution system.
If you're looking for a rewarding career in an interesting, fast paced and challenging industry, then The Granite Group is the place for you. Whether you're just out of college looking to start your career, or you're a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge, we encourage you to take a look at what The Granite Group has to offer.
When you work at The Granite Group, you'll join a community of professionals who provide value to our customers through their exemplary service, high integrity, entrepreneurial style and professionalism. We are a company with a superior reputation, unwavering values, deep history and a powerful drive to service our customers
Visit us on the web at www.thegranitegroup.com
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Outside Sales Account Manager jobs in Burlington, Vermont: