4. Monitor and update the schedule with Superintendent (use scheduling software)
5. Prepare change orders and maintain CO log (create project specific COR excel form, log, negotiate satisfactory pricing with owner, evaluate schedule impacts)
6. Assisting Superintendent with problems that arise
7. Establish and maintain a good working relationship with Superintendent, Owner/Owner's rep, and subs and suppliers
C. Closing out the Project (beginning with the end in mind)
1. Think ahead to Functional/Performance Testing and Commissioning (Scheduling manufacturer's reps?)
2. Prepare and submit close-out data including as-built documents (CAD required? Post environmental assessments?)
3. Schedule and facilitate Post Job Review for learned lessons (use Post Job Review Form)
4. Get final payment/retainage
Getting More Work
A. Focusing on client satisfaction (no one job is better than a relationship producing multiple jobs)
1. Learn repeat client nuances during Project Planning from other PMs
2. Avoid "nickel and diming"
3. Learn when to "make a business decision"
4. Communicate often
B. Assisting the Estimating Department
1. Provide feedback from Project Planning during the performance of the project
2. Provide feedback afterwards in the Post Job Review
3. Assist with the preparation of proposals or bids.
C. Being the Champion of future work
1. Contact engineers/owners/major GCs periodically to establish a relationship and track the progress of an assigned project's development
About Gracon LLC:
Build a Better Future We build low-cost, carbon-free power for neighborhoods. We ensure the functionality of reservoirs to supply water to farming communities. We assist the armed forces at home, so they can protect our freedoms from afar. At Gracon, we are building more than the next project, we are building the future.
Build Exciting Things We don’t install miles of pipeline, bland commercial offices, or wastewater treatment plants. We level 400,000 lb. spinning hydroelectric components within thousandths of an inch, hold back eighty-four billion gallons of water with a high-pressure slide gate, and enable migrating Chinook Salmon to scale dams using fish ladders. Our work has taken us to salt mines under Lake Erie and reservoirs above the tree line. We have interesting and unique projects.
Build Your Career Gracon’s success is due to its dynamic team. Our people are creative and entrepreneurial with a desire for continuous improvement and a commitment to building long lasting relationships. We firmly believe your potential should only be limited by your hard work and dedication to growth, not your place in line. You are not just an employee number among hundreds of employees. You are an individual with unique strengths, interests, and skills. With the growth Gracon is experiencing, you will not find a better opportunity to grow into a leadership position.
Company address:130 Miners Drive Lafayette, CO 80026