Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open SQL Server DBA Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
The SQL Server DBA, will collaborate with the Sr. Architect and be responsible for maintaining and optimizing a database environment that supports applications and users across the designated client environment. Collaboration with developers, fellow database administrators as well as other technologists across the business will be an inherent part of this role as you share ideas regarding support considerations and business needs that could include deployment of SQL Server databases within a storage area network as well as providing solutions that increase and expand enterprise database capabilities.
Summary of essential job functions
· Installation, configuration and upgrade of SQL Server databases
· Administration of SQL databases, including expertise to implement clustering, mirroring and replication techniques, to ensure optimization, stability and scalability within a client’s database environment.
· Provide support services to end users, developers, DBA associates and Application DBAs
· Troubleshoot, resolve, and document production problems
· Maintain sound backup policies and procedures
· Archive data from primary databases to archive locations
· Perform database refreshes to non-production databases
· Monitor vendor releases and schedule necessary patches
· Interact with system administrators, application developers, and business process leaders
Qualifications and experience
· Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in computer science or similar field. Advanced degree in Math, statistics, Physics, etc., is a plus.
· At least five years’ experience in a technology services organization developing complex data transformation, de-duplicating and multi-table joins to support enterprise level solutions that will respect scalability and high performance requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal skills – collaboration with Sr. Architect, business analysts, technical teams and end-users.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as creativity and the ability to work with abstract concepts.
· Strong relational database and SQL knowledge required
· Thorough understanding of database backup concepts and procedures
· A thorough understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating system required
· Experience with SQL Server 2008 administration, including management tools required
· Experience with Transact SQL language programming critical
· Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle required
· Must demonstrate an understanding of logical and physical database modeling concepts.
· Exposure to other database environments such as Oracle and MySQL platforms is a plus
· Excellent communication skills are a must
About GoNet USA:
GoNet is an international technology services firm with offices in the United States, Mexico, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Spain. We provide high caliber business solutions, application development, system support, and network solutions to our customers in a variety of industries.
Posted 3 years ago
Browse SQL Server DBA jobs in Phoenix, Arizona:
MS SQL Server DBA (Subject Matter Expert)
Wits Solutions Inc in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
DBA Administrator working with MySQL & SQL 16-01276
Tech One IT in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Matchpoint Solutions in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter