Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago. See all open Dental Technology Service Technician Jobs in Omaha, NE
Dental Technology Service Technician
Benefits OfferedLife, Medical, 401K, Vision, Dental
The Technology Service Technician (aka GIT- Goetze Integration Technician) works directly with Goetze Dental customers to troubleshoot, repair, and install technology in the dental office. As such, the position receives scheduled appointments that must be handled according to Goetze Dental standards in an efficient manner, while delivering a high level of customer service. Technicians are required to properly communicate repair issues, parts needed, and work performed by completing the necessary work orders upon service call completion. Travel between branches and surrounding areas is required with limited amounts of overnights.
An ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent); technical training in information technology, networking, bio-medical, and electronics field is preferred. The candidate would ideally possess working knowledge of Windows-based programs, computer systems and peripherals, and mechanical and electrical systems. Strong candidates show competencies in customer service, organization, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas of information technology, networking, dental, medical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electricity, and electronics is also preferred.
The most common service calls (80%) for the position are related to one or more of the following tasks:
· Installation, configuration, and use of Windows 7 and Windows 8 workstation operating systems (Windows 10 is a plus)
· Installation, configuration, and use of Server 2008 server operating system
(Server 2012 is a plus)
· Installation, configuration, and use of Microsoft Office Suite 2007, 2010, and 2013
· Configuration of workgroup network environment
· Configuration of Active Directory and Domain network environments
· Virus and malware remediation and prevention
· Installation and configuration of wireless access points, routers, and switches in small scale network environments
· Terminating Cat5e and Cat6 network cabling
· Domain controller escalation and migration procedures
· Basic principles in network cable installation and physical routing (familiarity with local codes relating to low voltage wiring is a plus)
· Familiar with basic scripting (either batch, Visual Basic, or PowerShell)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide on-site repair, delivery, installation, and maintenance of dental equipment in a courteous and professional manner
· Determines parts, supplies, and/or tools necessary to complete service requests and ensures customer acceptance before continuing service
· Trains customer on the proper use and maintenance of equipment when necessary
· Ability to provide alternative equipment options when necessary
· Maintains a clean and professional van, obeys all traffic laws, and keeps appropriate levels of van inventory
· Complies with Enterprise Fleet Management, DriverCheck, and Goetze Dental Dress Code policies
· Attends all required manufacturer, Federal/State, and company trainings and follows their guidelines for repair, movement, or modification of equipment
· Utilizes ClickSoftware Streetsmart (Xora) and Goetze Dental Procedures to process work orders
· Submits all job related paperwork within the required timeframes
· Works closely with assigned advisor to schedule calls and improve routes
· Communicates with all team members to ensure that everyone has the most updated information
· Understand and utilizes the basic Goetze systems: email, phone, internet, intranet, Xora, ADP, SAP, etc.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
· A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
· Flexibility in schedule to accommodate the occasional need for overtime work, including possible overnight travel
· You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds- job requires an individual to lift, load, and unload heavy equipment
· Ability to comply with the company uniform and dress policy
About Goetze Dental:
Goetze Dental is a 130-year-old, fifth generation, family owned and daily managed, full-service dental supply company located in the Midwest.
We challenge ourselves to be innovators in all aspects of the dental industry. We strive to offer our customers the services, products, and technologies that will help them manage their dental practice more efficiently and with greater profits, all while increasing the level of care they provide their patients.
Integrity, Customer Service, Education and Innovation
We provide quality products, education and service to the dental profession. We aspire to be the model dental distributor in all our markets, creating win-win relationships with all our stakeholders within a high-performance environment.
Goetze Dental is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Posted 9 months ago
Browse Dental Technology Service Technician jobs in Omaha, Nebraska: