Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Engineer Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 2+ month contract to hire
Location: Philadelphia, PA
GoAhead Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to carry out development tasks associated with the organization’s strategic initiatives. Projects include enhancements to existing revenue producing products, maintenance of existing products, integration efforts focusing on client initiatives, integration with 3rd party applications or services and new product offerings.
Primary Job Duties
• Researches, designs, develop and integrate applications at a mid-level as per written specifications.
• Responsible for Data Validation of all the assigned projects.
• Capable of developing scripts using C # and WebServices
• Develop custom tools to perform Data Validation for the assigned projects.
• Report metrics periodically to management.
• Track work and review scripts for quality.
• Interface with development organization to ensure all systems integration entrance/release criteria have been met.
• Develop efficiency-refined methodologies and guidelines, recommend and implements process improvements for development test cycles.
• Mentor and coach other members of the team; provide technical training and technical guidance.
• Write new software or make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
• Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
• Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
• Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
Other duties will include:
• Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
• This role will receive directions from the team lead/mentor.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
• 3 to 5 years development experience.
Manager can select additional qualifications/requirements as desired:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
• Experience in formal software development lifecycle
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
• Educated or experience writing software in any of the following languages; Java, C or .Net
• Educated or experience/background in Analysis and Design, ability to write technical documentation, comprehensive testing.
• Experience with web services, WCF, AJAX, JQuery, MVC, XRM is an added plus
• Experience developing Beta products preferred.
• Educated or experience/background in Client Server Architectures, Software Development
A great opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse software engineer jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: